4 Google Extensions You Need for an Organized Virtual Workspace

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With this new semester going virtual, we find ourselves spending way more time on our computers than in the BC era (Before COVID Era). But just like how we organize our workspace to fit our study style, we can also search for new ways to personalize our virtual desktop. 

Google chrome extensions gives us the liberty to do just that, and these 4 extensions are a good place to start making your virtual study time easier to manage. 

1. Divider tabs (by Kenmoore)

While completing multiple assignments, tabs tend to accumulate very easily. Instead of choosing between closing the Youtube video you were saving for later or one of the many academic sources for your essay, Divider lets you categorize your tabs in color-coded folders! 

Once you click on a folder, you’ll be able to open and close all added tabs simultaneously. Instead of constantly looking through multiple opened tabs, you’ll now have a clean number of folders to better direct your attention depending on what you are working on!

2. Todoist for Chrome (by todoist)

There’s no better feeling than finishing an assignment and crossing it of a list. Todoist lets you have that satisfaction right on your screen. You can create task lists and choose between a calendar or daily view, and even set reminders for them.

Once you open the browser, you’ll be able to keep track of the immediate tasks you need to complete and mark them as completed on the spot. By the end of the day you won’t have that dreadful feeling that you may have forgotten something.

3. Weava highlighter (by Weavatools)

Completing long readings and taking notes at the same time can become a very annoying task. With Weava highlighters, no matter what website you are using, you’ll be able to highlight any information you wish to remember. 

Once you have those key ideas highlighted, you can organize them by colors and folders. You can now complete multiple readings without forgetting your notes!

4. Coffeelings (by cnnmon)

Trying to be productive is harder than ever, and as much as we would like to take multiple coffee breaks, sometimes we just can’t afford them. Coffeelings is an extension that brings you the opportunity to keep track of your feelings while you are working on your academic tasks.

Each day you get to rate your mood by choosing one of five types of coffee, light coffee being amazing and very dark americano stressed. It also lets you write a small journal entry to accompany that coffee. Acknowledging your emotions is essential for maintaining a balanced state of mind, might as well do it in a cute way with coffeelings.

Ligia Garcia

U Ottawa '23

Ligia is a Communication student at Uottawa and an active contributing writer at the school's chapter. She loves everything related to media, from following the latest TikTok trend to breaking down a movie's characters and themes.
Ligia Garcia

U Ottawa '23

Ligia is a writer for HerCampus Uottawa. She aspires to share her experience of balancing personal life and student life. She likes to spends her time searching for new movies to analyze, creating music playlists, and finding new ways to spend fun times with her friends.