Wellness

25 Uplifting & Motivational Quotes from Inspiring Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With exam season coming up, the current state of the world, and the cold, dark days that November brings, we’re all feeling a bit stressed and overwhelmed right now – but don’t worry, we’re all in this together! To help you get through these overwhelming times, we’ve compiled 25 quotes from inspiring women that we know and love. Read on for reminders to be yourself, to focus on the positive, and to allow yourself time for wellness. 

1. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
  2. “There’s power in allowing yourself to be known and heard, in owning your unique story, in using your authentic voice.” – Michelle Obama 
  3. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
  4. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
  5. “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.” – Beyoncé
  6. “Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama 
  7. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton 
  8. “If you do not make time for your wellness, you will be forced to make time for your illness.” – Joyce Sunada 
  9. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
  10. “You make a life out of what you have, not what you’re missing.” – Kate Morton
  11. “For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.” – Michelle Obama 
  12. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel 
  13. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Camilla Eyring Kimball 
  14. “Limit your ‘always’ and your ‘nevers.’” – Amy Poehler 
  15. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
  16. “Spread love everywhere you go.” – Mother Teresa 
  17. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale 
  18. “You have what it takes to be a victorious, independent, fearless woman.” – Tyra Banks 
  19. “Keep on being you. Keep on doing those beautiful, impactful, honest things you do. Out here in this crazy world we need more people like you.” – Morgan Harper Nichols 
  20. “Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.” – Brene Brown 
  21. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it’s all the same day.” – Janis Joplin 
  22. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou 
  23. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey 
  24. “You’ve gotta do things that make you happy. As women, we tend to give away a lot. We take care of a lot of people, and we can’t forget to take care of ourselves.” – Jennifer Lopez 
  25. “Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” – Madam C.J. Walker 
Teaghan is a fourth-year Translation student who loves drinking espresso and thrifting--in that order. She is also a part of the Campus Trendsetters community! Find her on Instagram @teaghandurand :)
Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!