18 Bible verses to make you feel inspired again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

**Editor’s Note: this is a personal opinion piece and the views reflected are of the author, not of Her Campus uOttawa** 

God only knows how discouraged I can get sometimes with everything that I have to deal with. I feel like I have so much to do with so little time. I lose my motivation, my passion, my drive, and my focus. I’m just completely lost. However, in these moments, even though all my strength is gone, I still find a way to make it to church on Sundays. That’s when the miracle happens. The priest starts to talk and I feel alive, I get excited again like I’m ready to conquer anything because I know that I am not alone. So, allow me to share with you 18 Bible verses that always find a way to lift my spirits in time of need, especially during this time of the semester.

Matthew 5:14
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.”

1 Thessalonians 5:11
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

Philippians 4:13
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”

1 Conrinthians 16:13-14
“Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.”

Proverbs 31:25
“She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.”

Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Matthew 7:7
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

Isaiah 9:7
“This life can beat us down with trials, sorrows and debilitating worries. When it seems hopeless, God’s messages about our future hope can deeply encourage us.”

Psalm 46:5
“God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day”

Peter 5:7
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

Psalm 16:8
“I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”

Matthew 19:26
“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible”.

John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Philippians 4:6-7 
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Daniel 12:3 
“Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.”

Hebrew 13:5
“Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.” 

Proverbs 3: 5-6
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.”

Isaiah 43-2
“When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,”

I hope these Bible verses will help you with some hard times you may be facing. 

Author’s note: Thank you to everyone who helped me find these verses. 

Picture credits: Cover, 1, 2, 3, & 4

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.