This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

The quotes below are from my book of quotes that I’ve been working on for over the past few years. I think that these are the best ones to help girls who are going through a tough time or are in need of an extra boost of confidence. I encourage you to start your own quote book because it is an outlet no matter the day, no matter the feeling. Write quotes for when you’re angry, when you’re sad, when you’re happy, when you feel like you can do anything and when you feel like you can’t do anything. Fill your own quote book with words that inspire you and empower you because, maybe one day it will be your own words doing the same for someone else. 

“The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.” – Beyoncé

“People will stare. Make it worth their while.” -Harry Winston 

“Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how truly beautiful they are but everyone else can. People are like that as well.” -Naya Rivera

“As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” -Marianne Williamson

“Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” -Coco Chanel

“I am who I am your approval is not needed.” -Anonymous

“Know your worth. Then add tax.” -Unknown

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt 

“When they go low, we go high.” -Michelle Obama 

“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” -Dumbledore (J.K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)  

“Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” -Bob Marley 

“Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you’re right.” -Henry Ford

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” -Confucius 

“For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

“A woman is like a teabag; you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” -Eleanor Roosevelt 

Adrienne Graham

U Ottawa '22

Adrienne is a first year International Development and Globalization student in the French Immersion program. She enjoys binge watching TV shows on Netflix, trying out new coffee shops, and running. She is also an avid soccer fan with her favourite team being Liverpool FC. Her long term goals are to publish a novel and to travel to every continent while her short term goal is simply to enjoy every moment as it comes at her.
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.