The Lalastack Of Old Books And Glasses
The Lalastack Of Old Books And Glasses
Her Campus Media

12 Books Written by Women for Your 2020 Reading List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

I love books. I’m a communications major; nothing excites me more than strong storytelling. Unfortunately, I’m a bad procrastinator, and I get distracted easily. This is not the best combo when your New Year’s resolution has been “read more books” for the past four years…

Well, it’s a new decade. I have renewed hope that, in 2020, I’ll make more time to read. Why? Because I’ve decided to take it step by step, one title per month! Publishing this list, which only includes books written by women, is my way of staying accountable to this goal. 

Immersing ourselves in a well-written story can be therapeutic because reading proves the self-care we so often forget about in our busy lives. I hope these reads delight you, make you think, and inspire you to make more time for books!

Books On A Shelf
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

January: F*ck No! How To Stop Saying Yes When You Can’t, You Shouldn’t, Or You Just Don’t Want To, by Sarah Knight

February: Such A Fun Age, by Kiley Reid

March: Whose Story Is This? By Rebecca Solnit

April: No One Is Too Small To Make A Difference, by Greta Thunberg

May: Disappearing Earth, by Julia Phillips 

June: Washington Black, by Esi Edugyan

July: The Proposal, by Jasmine Guillory

August: The Other End of The Line, by Andrea Camilleri

September: The Library Book, by Susan Orlean

October: Empire of Wild, by Cherie Dimaline

November: Followers, by Megan Angelo

December: One Day In December, by Josie Silver

Former study-abroad girl who won't shut up about it! Big fan of Harry Potter, politics, strong coffee, baby goats, and oxford commas. Elisabeth is a senior at uOttawa, studying communications and political science.
Taylor is a 4th year student at the University of Ottawa studying Political Science and Philosophy. In addition to writing for Her Campus Taylor is the President of the University of Ottawa Equestrian Team, Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus uOttawa and the Vice President of the Ontario Collegiate Equestrian Association. Taylor spends her weekends competing with the team, and when she's not in class she can be found studying on campus. Taylor loves coffee, and tending to her plethora of plants.