This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

By: @AnnetteSings01

1) Chynna Rogers

You can listen to her SoundCloud here.

Chynna was born Chynna Marie Rogers on August 19, 1994 in Philadelphia, PA. She has rose as a successful hip hop artist, DJ, and model; She is affiliated with ASAP Mob.

2) Aquilo

You can listen to their SoundCloud here.

Aquilo are a musical duo from Silverdale, Lancashire, England, composed of Tom Higham and Ben Fletcher.

3) SOHN

SOHN, born Christopher Taylor, is an English musician, songwriter, and producer based in Vienna, Austria.

4) Lo-Fang

Matthew Jordan Hemerlein, better known by the stage name Lo-Fang, is a singer-songwriter and classically trained musician.

5) Amber Run

Amber Run are a British band from Nottingham, UK composed of Joe Keogh, Will Jones, Tom Sperring, Felix Archer, and Henry Wyeth. Originally friends from Buckinghamshire they decided to form a band while studying at University of Nottingham.

6) SZA

24 year old Solana Rowe, better known by her stage name SZA, is an American singer-songwriter. She was born in St. Louis, Missouri, later relocating to Maplewood, New Jersey.

7) Jon Bellion

24 year old Jonathan “Jon” Bellion is an American singer-songwriter, producer, and rapper. He was born and raised in Long Island, New York. Bellion has released three mixtapes, the most recent, The Definition was released on September 23, 2014. All of his songs are put out for free and he has worked on many notable tracks like Monster by Rihanna and Eminem, and Trumpets by Jason Derulo.

8) Son Lux

Ryan Lott, known by his stage name Son Lux, is an American musician who was born in Denver, Colorado and is based in New York City, New York.

9) Until The Ribbon Breaks

Until the Ribbon Breaks is a British band consisting of the frontman Pete Lawrie-Winfield (lead vox, keys, programming, percussion, brass and guitar), James Gordon (keys, percussion, programming, backing vocals, bass) and Elliot Wall (drums, programming, backing vocals). Sometimes referred to as UTRB, the band was founded in Cardiff, Britain in 2012 initially as Winfield’s solo project and “blends genres like electronic, pop, rock, and hip-hop, but it’s all done with a sharp alternative edge.

10) Lorde

18 year old Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor, known by her stage name Lorde, is a New Zealand singer and songwriter. Born in Takapuna and raised in Devonport, Auckland, she became interested in performing as a child. Fast forward to now and she has made quite a name for herself.

11) London Grammar

London Grammar is a British electronic pop trio formed by Hannah Reid, Dan Rothman and Dominic ‘Dot’ Major

12) Ghost Loft

You can listen to his SoundCloud here.

Danny Choi, better known by his stage name Ghost Loft, is an American musician based in Los Angeles. 

Picture Credits

Cover Picture, 1, 23, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. 11, 12

A media addict, an activist, a music lover, a singer, and a nappy haired black woman. In the great words of the queen, "I sneezed on the beat, and the beat got sicker." Always believe in the greatness of yourself. Nothing, is impossible. Twitter: @annettesings01 Tumblr: annetteejiofor.tumblr.com Blog: HonestlyAnnette.wordpress.com