This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Throughout my reading, I have found quotes that have really touched and inspired me. Here are a few of them: 

“I would have come for you. And if I couldn’t walk, I’d crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we’d fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that’s what we do. We never stop fighting.” ― Leigh Bardugo, Crooked Kingdom

“Make no mistake, I know I don’t have to prove a single thing to them. What matters most is what I prove to myself. Giving up would be an insult to everything I know I’m capable of.” ― Janella Angeles, Where Dreams Descend

“It’s when we feel the most uncertain,” her mother had told her, “that we must appear at our most confident. To show weakness is to allow others to prey upon it. Now brush your hair, lift your chin, and pretend you are the most powerful person in the room.” ― Morgan Rhodes, Crystal Storm

“Embellish your flaws,” he says softly. “They will turn into your assets. And if you become one of us, I will teach you to wield them like an assassin wields a knife.” ― Marie Lu, The Young Elites

“And if you insist on continuing to make assumptions about my character, I’ll advise you only this: assume you will always be wrong.” ― Tahereh Mafi, Ignite Me

Via Pixabay
“When you erupt, girl, make sure it is felt across worlds.” ― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Wings and Ruin

“Pain makes you strong, Madoc once told me, making me lift a sword again and again. Get used to the weight.” ― Holly Black, The Wicked King

“Heroes aren’t always the ones who win,” she said. “They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes.” ― Cassandra Clare, City of Heavenly Fire

“There are some things you don’t learn about yourself until you let someone else into the most intimate places of your heart.” ― Kiera Cass, The Heir

“I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever.” ― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!