Vancouver Fashion Week Logo
Vancouver Fashion Week Logo
Ashley Stathis
Style

10 looks I LOVE from VFW FW21

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Vancouver Fashion Week FW21 took us all on a trip around the world — the attention to detail, the theatrics, the fabrics, the surprises… Creating this top ten list was no easy task, seeing how culturally diverse and unique the collections were. Nevertheless, here are the looks that I feel stood out the most:

Cristian Montoya (Canada)

When Cristian Montoya said he was inspired by the gold buttonery his grandfather used to wear in Mexico, I knew this collection was going to be great. The gold embroidery in this white blazer and the shiny earrings really made this look pop!

ALCA (Japan)

The colours used in the Abundance collection by ALCA really stood out for me — in fact, it was this shade of dark yellow orange that really made the difference. I would love to strut around an exotic paradise in this set. It’s simple yet confident!

MTTC (Australia)

Do I even have to comment on this one? The hat and floral embroidery in this dress are goals. Can you imagine wearing this for a “casual” get-together? I can!

RYZYORYAN (China)

There was so much to love about this gothic-rock collection, but, when push comes to shove, I would choose this black leather jacket with shoulder puffs any day of the week!

Ay Lelum (Canada)

I stan cultural diversity, and that is exactly what Ay Lelum delivered. This non-ceremonial and culturally inclusive garment is just amazing. The colours are vibrant, and the collection is fresh AF!

UUIN x AETER (Taiwan)

This pastel green dress screams spring. And those cavalier boots with matching brown tote bag? Definitely a must for long walks in the park.

Blue Tamburin (Korea)

Blue Tamburin’s simplicity and well-tailored fits make the blue of this coat shine even more. You can’t go wrong with a long coat and dress pants for a girls’ night out in the city.

La Femme Roje (Canada)

If this look doesn’t scream warrior queen, IDK what does. The Khatoon collection by La Femme Roje is inspired by neglected women regaining their power and asserting themselves — a message that was communicated loud and clear by this ode to female empowerment!

Harumi Iyama (Japan)

This look is so delicate and adorable. I could definitely imagine myself eating macarons and sipping tea in a dress like this. The chiffon blouse and the flowers compliment this soft look perfectly.

Guerline Kamp (The Netherlands)

I know what you’re thinking … that this is not your everyday look. But when abstract art meets fashion, it results in something rather fascinating and interesting to look at.

sustainable fashion support
Photo by Cherie Birkner from Unsplash

Wissal Baaza

U Ottawa '21

Wissal Baaza is pursuing a M.C in Communications at the University of Ottawa,Canada. When she is not writing, you can find her scrolling through TikTok, experimenting with makeup and binge-watching Netflix .
Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!