Wolverine Weekends With Caroline: Restaurants 2.0

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

After a long, hectic week of hitting the books, every collegiette deserves to treat herself to a nice meal out on the town.  This weekend, leave the dirty dishes in the sink and forget about the stale pizza and undercooked hamburgers that await you in the dining hall.  Whether you’re in the mood to tickle your Italian taste buds, explore exquisite ethnic delights, or satisfy your traditional American appetite, Ann Arbor’s got you covered.

TK-WU
Located near State St. on East Liberty, TK-WU provides the ultimate Chinese dining experience.  Step into a quaint, elegant eatery decorated in Chinese style, and choose from a wide variety of lo mein, seafood and meat dishes amongst other fabulous chef specials.  This one of my favorite Chinese restaurants on campus, and you can spend as little as $10 for your meal!

Tio’s
What collegiette doesn’t love Mexican food?  Whether you’re a cheese quesadilla, black bean burrito, or chicken enchilada lover, Tio’s has every Mexican dish you can imagine, and more!  Head over to 401 East Liberty St. where you can choose from over 365 different salsas and sauces for your entrée.  Ole!

The Original Cottage Inn
Michigan students are all too familiar with Cottage Inn pizza since it’s our go-to food every weekend at 2 a.m.  To mix things up a bit, adventure over to 512 Williams Street for a savory Italian experience at Cottage Inn’s actual sit-down restaurant.   Choose from an assortment of your most-loved pasta dishes or traditional cheese pizza.  Split a pie with your friends and a $5 bill is all you need in your wallet.

Sava’s
A dim-lit, cozy, and relaxed atmosphere awaits you at Sava’s restaurant on State St., right across from CVS.  A bit more up-scale than your typical college eatery,
Sava’s is still a number one choice by students for a weekend dinner spot.  Whether you’re in the mood for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, their menu has choices ranging from bananas foster French toast to squash ravioli and Caprese salad.   Sava’s will automatically become a favorite!

Blimpy Burger
If you’re craving a good old-fashioned burger and fries, Blimpy Burger is the place to go.  This little hole in the wall burger joint, located near West Quad on South Division and Packard, will bust your belly with their double to quadruple patty burgers!  Don’t worry though, sandwiches and other less greasy options are also available. Be sure to check out Blimpy – it was voted  “Ann Arbor’s Favorite Burger” for a reason!

Happy dining, collegiettes! 

Caroline is a junior at the University of Michigan, studying Communications & Writing. She was born and raised a Jersey girl but attends school in the Midwest and now lives out West in Arizona.  In her free time, Caroline enjoys playing tennis, reading James Patterson novels, cheering on the Wolverines at the Big House, lounging in the Arizona sunshine, and snuggling with her boxer puppy.