This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Let’s face it – it’s getting cold. The snow is coming. To quote the timeless children’s book, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, “We can’t go over it. We can’t go under it. Oh no! We’ve got to go through it.” The good news is there are some easy ways to brave the snow and cold weather, looking cute along the way. All you’re going to need for this DIY is one or more old sweaters (or $4 Salvation Army sweaters) and a pair of scissors. 

Infinity Scarf

Try to find the largest/widest sweater you can for this one. The bigger, the better.

1. Lay your sweater out and cut in a straight line (through both layers), parallel to the bottom of your sweater anywhere from 7-12 inches from the bottom, depending on how chunky you want your scarf to be. You’re basically cutting off the body of your sweater.

2. Loop it around your neck and repeat.

3. Put your coat on.

4. Stay toasty.

Leg Warmers

1. Cut off the sleeves of your sweater right before the seam between the arm and shoulder.

2. Slip them onto your legs over leggings or tights, the thin end of the sleeve going on first.

3. Put your boots on.

4. Stay toasty.