Why You Should Be Reading Spoon University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Ann Arbor has tons of amazing restaurants: Mani, Isalita, Café Zola, Bigalora, Miki, just to name a few.  But when it comes down to it, we always take the easy route. When you realize you’re out of food at 7 p.m. and are starving, it’s so much easier to order Sadako than to go for a delicious dinner at Jolly Pumpkin. Or if you’re cramming for a test at the library, you’ll order Jimmy Johns rather than a famous chipati from Pizza Bob’s. It’s easy to forget all of Ann Arbor’s hidden food gems when convenience is what we rely on so often.

But never fear because that’s where Michigan’s chapter of Spoon University comes in. Their Instagram page (@spoon_michigan) is filled with photos of U of M students’ top picks for yummy cuisine around our campus. You’ll never lack inspiration for where or what to eat if you’re following them.

Also, their website is funny, creative and informative. With articles ranging from “What it’s Like Being Hangry in Class as Told by Jim Harbaugh” and “If Scandal Characters Were Girl Scout Cookies” to “6 Best Healthy Eats in Ann Arbor” and “Why Cherry Republic is Heaven on Earth”, Spoon University will now become your new go-to when your lecture is getting a little bit toooooo boring to pay attention.

It’s time to really have that Ann Arbor dining experience you’ve been putting off. You’ve only got 4 years to go to a lot of restaurants, so it’s time to get cracking. Good luck!

Image courtesy of spoon_michigan