Where to Book Your Valentine’s Day Reservation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming up next week, and regardless of your relationship status, you deserve to treat yourself! Invite your significant other, your best friend, or that cute guy/girl in your discussion section to dinner at any of these romantic restaurants in Ann Arbor. Just make sure you make a reservation as soon as possible, because they’re getting booked!

1. Sava’s

Sava’s is one of the Ann Arbor classics. Right on State Street, you can likely walk there from class for a cupid day brunch, lunch, OR dinner! They have both healthy options, like their famous Greek salad or black bean burger, and dishes for you to treat yourself, like their bacon brie burger or “karamel krispy” cake.

2. Gandy Dancer

Gandy Dancer is definitely worth the short drive off campus. It’s known for its extensive seafood menu, but they also offer various cuts of steak and some really fun appetizers, like crab and avocado timbale. Pictured above is their delicious chocolate truffle cake, which I can personally recommend you order if you go on Valentine’s Day. After all, chocolate is an aphrodisiac!

3. Dessous

This is a French and Indian fusion restaurant, so it’s one of the coolest places you’ll find in Ann Arbor. Some of the stand-out dishes on the menu are the duck confit nacho appetizer, aromatic braised lamb shank, skillet strip with 40 cloves of garlic, or for the vegan diner, “vegan flavor explosion,” which is pictured above. Dessous is a great choice, especially if you’re feeling adventurous.

4. Vinology

Vinology is another choice for foodies, as the menu offers a lot of dishes with ingredients I can’t even pronounce! As an American wine bar, the wine is the primary highlight of the restaurant, and the food is typically shared tapas style. While I would recommend going when you’re 21, even if you aren’t, you can go to enjoy their flatbreads, Parisian gnocchi, bison loin, sweet potato pie, or more.

5. Pacific Rim

Not only is this restaurant decorated beautifully, but it presents a great Asian Fusion menu, with items like zucchini-scallion crepes, quinoa-crusted scallops, and pacific Thai fettucini. Pacific Rim is romantic and fun- perfect for cupid day.

After reading these suggestions, I hope you’re already pulling your phone out to make a reservation on OpenTable. Have fun on Valentine’s Day, regardless of your current relationship status! Remember, phone eats first…and then you finish your plate.

Images courtesy of @savas_ann_arbor, @spoon_michigan, @dessouannarbor, @vinologya2, and @aa_cravings on Instagram