clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Michigan Second Semester Senior Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

As our senior year comes to an end (in 68 days to be exact), it’s easy to reflect on all the things we have done in our 3.5 years in Ann Arbor. From our first football game in the Big House to our final Winterfest, our memories are full of late night Pizza House, getting lost in the stacks, Charley’s fishbowls, and our weird sophomore year obsession with Cantina. But what about the things we might have missed? Here’s everything you absolutely have to do in Ann Arbor before we graduate on April 29th.  

1. Day drink at Dom’s: Even though it’s only open half the year, Dom’s is an Ann Arbor staple. From its location next to the weed dispensary and across the street from Ross, how much more Michigan could you get? Pro tip: get the sangria. Yes, it’s overpriced, but just pretend you’re reliving your semester abroad in Madrid.

2. Go to a concert at the Blind Pig: The Blind Pig first opened as a nightclub in 1971 and remains an Ann Arbor establishment to this day. However, the Blind Pig has transformed into more of a concert venue since the 70’s, offering an eclectic mix from hipster to EDM. Make sure to stop at the nieghboring 8 Ball Saloon before you go!

3. Win Charley’s Trivia: Wednesday night trivia at Charley’s is a must-do for any Michigan student. Come for dinner early and stake out a table because that’s the only way you’ll get a seat. I hope you’re ready for a six-hour bar night on a Wednesday. Pro tip: Redownload Trivia Crack to prepare #throwback.

4. Eat at Frita Batido’s: If you’ve made it until now without trying one of these epic burgers, you are doing something wrong. Get a batido on the side with extra mini-umbrellas. Be prepared for one of the most “worth-it” stomachaches of your life. FYI: I would not recommend this for first dates.

5. Go to the Spring Game: It’s easy to miss out on the Spring Game when you know you’ll be back for kickoff in late August. But with most of us leaving Ann Arbor, this is our last chance to see the Wolverines play while we’re still students here! So tailgate like it’s September, wear your best Harbaugh shirt, and pretend that this is the OSU game and not a scrimmage.

6. Get drunk with your professor: Come on, don’t tell me you haven’t dreamed about seeing your 70-year-old professor a little too tipsy at Ashley’s. Extra points if you see them at Skeeps. Looking at you, Dr. Schwartz.

7. Do St. Paddy’s like the 21-year-old you finally are: While participating in Frat Paddy’s has been an annual event, most of us haven’t spent a St. Paddy’s day as a legal adult. So wake up at 7 a.m., order some Bangers and Mash, and drink green beer at Blue Lep. After all, second semester seniors know better than to have class on Friday’s.

8. Sing your heart out at karaoke: Whether it’s at Sunday night at Brown Jug or Wednesday night at Blue Lep, drunkenly (or soberly, if you’re not tone deaf like me) singing Taylor Swift in front of all your peers is a rite of passage you must complete before graduation.

9. Venture to Fleetwood Diner at 2 a.m.:  Who doesn’t want epic breakfast food at two in the morning? Don’t go too close to 2 a.m. though, because the closing bars will pack it with annoying drunk people. Also, make sure to get their famous Hippie Hash.

10. Have sex in the stacks: Find a stack with an actual door and no window. Go at 3 a.m. (or 3 p.m. if you’re feeling extra ballsy). Good luck and may you not get caught by a librarian.

BONUS: Sneak into the Big House: I have no tips on how to do this, but if you have a job and don’t mind getting arrested, do what we all wish we could and get some midnight pics on that maize Block M. 

Images courtesy of: Jaclyn Nagel, AnnArbor.com

Jaclyn Nagel is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the University of Michigan. She is a senior studying English and Creative Writing and earning a certificate in Sales. She enjoys eating copious amounts of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and reading the Harry Potter books over and over again. Follow her on instagram as @manisandmojitos! And make sure to follow our chapter's Twitter and Instagram at @hercampusumich!