In The Trenches: A Guide to Trench Coat Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Ah spring…the time of year when you don’t know whether you’ll need your parka or your shorts. We have the perfect coat for those in-between days when it could be rainy, cold, or sunny with a light breeze.

The timeless trench can take a girl so far in her day to day wardrobe. It adds some mystery and class to almost any outfit. For your unconventional trench like the one below, try pairing it with dark skinny jeans and a graphic t-shirt for a spin on the classic look. Try leaving the buttons open to get a peek of the outfit inside!

For a fun classic look, throw on a pair of highwaisted jeans and a striped shirt under a simple trench coat. Add some color with a red lip and accent bag or shoe! This could also be worn with converse or black booties.

Finally, try layering a dress with a fun trench coat for those brisk mornings that always end up turning into beautiful days. A cute striped dress or a solid color, like a light pink, looks amazing with a classic coat and heels. You could even try above-the-knee boots for a sexy twist that’s sure to impress with a t-shirt dress.

Any way you style it, a trench coat is a staple in every collegiette wardrobe!

Photos couresty of Zara, Jeans and a Teacup, and H&M.