The Three Outfits for Every V-Day Situation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Depending on who you are, Valentine’s Day can be one of the most highly anticipated and/or stress-inducing holidays of the year. Choosing what to wear doesn’t have to be! Check out these Valentine’s Day outfits for every occasion.

1. Girls’ night out

The situation: Taking a break from boys? The BFF just broke it off with her boyfriend? Would rather spend the night seeing Fifty Shades of Grey and going dancing than making goo goo eyes over bad hallmark cards and over-priced, gross Russell Stover chocolates?

The outfit: This red, sparkly piece from Tobi will keep you feeling sexy and confident all night long! Who says you can’t dress up for the movies? 

The situation: You hook up all the time and his name is constantly popping up on your phone screen, but you don’t really know what you are to each other. You’ve never even gone on a real date (unless you count after-sex Chipotle), but he asked to take you out to dinner on V-day (yay!), except you don’t really know what that entails.

The outfit: Keep it simple with a cute pink or red top like the one from Express paired with tight jeans and black leather or combat boots.

3. The special date with that special someone

The situation: You’ve been together for two years and farting in front of each other has become the norm. He’s used to seeing you without makeup, and spending all day in your pajamas racing to get that ENGLISH 327 paper in on time. This is supposed to be your special night to remind each other how much love and passion you feel for each other. What better way to do that than with a gorgeous and sexy new dress?

The outfit: I’m currently obsessed with this one from Urban Outfitters (hint: pair with nude pumps, I love these ones from Vince Camuto). Its pink color will keep you feeling pretty all night.

Feeling a little naughty? Pick up any of these finds from Victoria’s Secret to keep the Valentine’s Day celebration going until the clock strikes midnight. 

Images courtesy of Tobi, Express, Vince Camuto, Urban Outfitters, and Victoria’s Secret.

Jaclyn Nagel is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the University of Michigan. She is a senior studying English and Creative Writing and earning a certificate in Sales. She enjoys eating copious amounts of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and reading the Harry Potter books over and over again. Follow her on instagram as @manisandmojitos! And make sure to follow our chapter's Twitter and Instagram at @hercampusumich!