The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

New year, new me.” It’s the tried and true saying that we all hear as December ends and we welcome January. This new year, as I donated clothes that no longer fit or couldn’t find a love for anymore, I aimed to purchase clothes that didn’t feel like items, but rather pieces– I was ready to build a capsule wardrobe. If I’ve learned anything as a 19-year-old girl who loves stuff, it’s that it’s a privilege to purchase wants and that it’s important to love what you wear and wear what you love. As a maximalist, building a capsule wardrobe seemed impossible to me, but over the last few weeks, I’ve found pieces that transcend trendiness, but still feel fun, classy, casual, sexy, or professional when mixed and matched with each other– now and for years to come. Here are 6 recent purchases that I love (and that I know you will too)!!

Zara Midi Black Dress

By far one of my most memorable purchases of the last few weeks has been this stunning, timeless piece from Zara. This dress appeared before me, when I was least expecting it, and was one of those purchases where I just knew it was going to be a staple for years to come. As a statement of its own, or paired with a sweater, leather jacket, or blouse top, this dress is SO universal and shines effortlessly. With a mid-high collar, ruched sides, and just enough of a slit in the back of the dress, this gorgeous midi exudes class. It’s perfect for nice dinners, date nights, professional events, and so many more occasions– a MUST BUY. 

Abercrombie Business Casual Pants

I am OBSESSED with these pants from Abercrombie. That’s it. Just kidding. In all honesty, we’re all aware that Abercrombie has a handful of “office-approved” pants, so finding the right pair for you is definitely a labor of love, but my oh my is it worth it. These tailored ones are that pair for me, and with my 5’9” frame, the “long” length feature is SO nice. Their sleek and classy look allows them to shine in any work setting– like interviews and recruitment events– and are the epitome of business-casual. I’ve already purchased these in brown and white and, given their versatility, I can’t wait to snag a few more with time. 

Princess Polly Green Collared Dress

Now this dress…this is the one to talk about. This Princess Polly number has so many special features that allow for it to stand out in a crowd, but also stay fashionable with time. First of all, that gorgeous, warm green is so universally flattering, and the combination of the airy balloon sleeves, v-neck wrap-style, and classy collar allows this dress to exude  in both the summer and winter months. The most perfect dress for almost any occasion, including graduations, dinners, sorority recruitment, girls’ nights, and so many more. And to make the good news even better, it’s currently on sale and available for purchase on Princess Polly Lower Impact, which supports high quality and more sustainable materials in production! 

Kate Spade Black Handbag

So obviously this isn’t an article of clothing, but I am a firm believer that accessories make an outfit every time. Although this Kate Spade was originally listed as a cross-body, I immediately saw a “20 and on the town” vision when removing the leather strap and using the gold chain on the shoulder instead. This bag is the perfect size to hold everything you need on nights out, date nights, city adventures, and so many more. The bag includes back and front zip pockets, with enough room for a phone, card wallet, your house/apt keys, and an entire lip routine. I can’t wait to make this bag a staple in my everyday wardrobe as well as on extra special occasions. 

Shop Rumored Gray Baby Tee

This top is just the essential tee to purchase. With the kinda sexy but sophisticated scoop neckline, this tee looks so good and fits even better. The material is 100% cotton and incredibly soft, the color is universally flattering, and the length is not overly cropped. This trifecta makes it the perfect pair with skirts, jeans, leggings, AND sweatpants, like it’s actually amazing. I know it’s the perfect top for layering, and am SO excited to pair it with leather jackets this season and mini skirts the next.

Zara Parachute Pants

THE. PANTS. I absolutely adore this gem from Zara and currently own this look in white (unfortunately out-of-stock right now). This past semester, I borrowed these pants from multiple friends and ultimately decided to purchase a pair of my own (aka the best decision I’ve ever made). I’ve already worn these for college game days and on vacation, and I love how versatile they are with any color top. I know purchasing white pants is always a scare, but these handled “long walks on the beach” to “morning hikes in Seattle” with no problems. I’m so utterly obsessed with the small details on this pair, including adjustable cinching on the bottom, a simple no-knot waistband, and deep pockets!!! Couldn’t recommend more if I tried, and cannot wait to keep wearing these again (and again). 

These 6 pieces have been on my mind for quite some time and I’m so glad I purchased them. They are incredibly versatile, yet stand out individually, and will look so good on you, every single time. 

Nidhi is currently a sophomore at the University of Michigan, and is pursuing a B.S. in Psychology. She loves practicing self care, making niche Spotify playlists, and anything pink! When she's not writing or studying, she is out dancing, cooking, planning future travels, or binging chick-flicks!