Study Simply with Slidester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Attention, Collegiettes!

Are you looking for a neat, tech-savy and innovative way to study?  Tired of printing out countless pages of lecture slides before each class? Discouraged by the overflow of loose-leaf notes popping out of your folder?  What if I told there’s a way you can hold an entire semester of Chemistry 130 lecture notes right in the palm of your hand?

App Lab Creatives is excited to present Slidester, a crafty lecture recorder tool designed to help you “study simply.” With a tech-savvy appeal that combines both portability and customization, studying has never been so manageable. It’s not everyday you find an app that can revolutionize your studying, so take a look at what Slidester can do for you!

Tech-Savy Appeal

Efficiency and practicality combine to bring you Slidester, a unique application that gives students a new option for studying.  With an easy to follow tutorial presented upon downloading the app, all you have to do is import lecture slides from your class’s webpage (like CTools) directly to your device.  You’ll then be able to take notes and organize the slides, essentially creating your own personalized study guide right on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.  It’s the perfect opportunity to transition your study habits into the digital age!

Portability

Once you download Slidester and import slides from class, you’re automatically hooked up with instant, on-the-go study access.  Sifting through notebooks and papers isn’t exactly practical when hustling around between classes, but with Slidester, you can review these notes at your leisure, any time and anywhere.  Whether you’re waiting at the bus stop by the Union, killing down time between classes, or just playing around with your electronics, you’ll have immediate study access.  Whenever you have your device in stow, Slidester will be right with you too, so there’s no excuse for avoiding an extra review session. Sounds pretty convenient, doesn’t it?

Customization

With all the electronic study tools out there, we know you’re wondering why you should pick Slidester. Well, Slidester allows you to tailor the app to fit your study needs.  App Lab Creatives understands that everyone studies differently—some  students are more visually oriented while others rely on listening methods to retain information.  But, no matter your study preference,  Slidester can appeal to everyone in some way.

Record Audio: You can record everything your Professor says during class and sync the voice recordings directly to each corresponding slide.

Incorporate Images: Embed original snapshots taken with your device’s camera directly into your slides.

Organization: You can create class folders and a bookmark tab for your most important lecture slides.

Tool Box: Highlight, underline, and doodle on the slides.  You can even adjust the color settings to spice things up!

Share: Studying with your friends and classmates has never been more convenient. Simply text or email the slides right from Slidester to a friend if they miss lecture one day.

Don’t think of Slidester as another icon to fill your screen with.  Think of it as a lifestyle. Are you ready to be a part of this lifestyle, collegiettes?  Check out the iTunes store now to download the Slidester app for $1.99 and begin studying simply!

Caroline is a junior at the University of Michigan, studying Communications & Writing. She was born and raised a Jersey girl but attends school in the Midwest and now lives out West in Arizona.  In her free time, Caroline enjoys playing tennis, reading James Patterson novels, cheering on the Wolverines at the Big House, lounging in the Arizona sunshine, and snuggling with her boxer puppy.