Sarah Limb: Neurophysiology

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

This week HerCampus had the honor of interviewing senior Sarah Limb on her work in the Neurophysiology Lab!

Her Campus: What is your favorite part about the job?

Sarah Limb: I really like how there are so many questions we can answer. It’s such a small field with so little known, so anything we can do furthers the field—it’s really exciting! Just being valued in my role gives me confidence to ask questions. I feel like I’m playing a role in some way even as an undergrad.

HC: What is the most memorable moment you’ve had?

SL: The times when I get to help with the participants in the studies with children are the best. They watch an MRI training video of “Wally the Whale” so I get to play games with them and help get them excited about it all. There was one mom who brought in the whole family with little kids as well and the four little ones sat with me and got really excited to watch their siblings in action.

HC: What’s something you’ve learned from your experience?

SL: Being an undergrad doesn’t mean that I’m not of value. I think I’ve learned to have confidence in my ideas and that science is all about innovation and thinking in new ways no matter your experience level.

HC: Is there anything else you want to add about your experience?

SL: I guess I’d say that in general research is so important and even in the small, daily tasks it’s cool to always have a larger perspective on how it can have such a large, meaningful impact on people in some way.

Photo Courtesy of: Sarah Limb

Linguistics and Cognitive Science Major at the best school in the land!
Em M

U Mich

Em is a senior at the University of Michigan, studying English and Psychology. Go Blue!