This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Take a little break from studying and read up on this Q&A session with our latest Campus Cutie!

Name: Ryan Goldstein
Hometown: Hidden Hills, California
Favorite color: Blue
Major: Economics

Q: Describe your ideal first date. 
A: On a first date I would probably keep it simple and take her out for dinner or meet for drinks. I’d try to get to know her and have a casual conversation. The main goal is just to see if we have a connection. My ideal date could either go two ways: adventurous or simple. If I had been seeing this girl for a while, I would take her out to dinner then maybe some activity, like the beach or a movie. If I was very comfortable, I’d probably just hang out with her at home. 

Q: What are 3 things you look for in a girl? 
A: Personality, caring, a good sense of humor

Q: Where do you think it would be easiest or hardest to meet a girl and why?
A: I think it’s hard to find a girl you want to date in a bar because you don’t actually get to know her in that setting. It’d be easiest to find a keeper when you’re set up by a mutual friend who obviously knows the girl and believes you two would be a good fit. 

Q: Some people say that guys look for someone who bares the same qualities or has certain similarities to their mothers. What do you think about this?
A: I might agree to that I look up to my mother as a role model and someone I love. If people feel as I do it would make sense that I look for the same characteristics in the woman that I want to marry. 

Q: When you go out with your boys, are you guys always out to pick up girls, or is it about something else sometimes? 
A: When I go out with my friends it’s usually to be in a social setting outside my house where I can have a good time seeing all my friends. It’s definitely not all about picking up girls.

Q: From your experience, what do you think a girl worries most about when she is out on a date?
A: That her date isn’t into her and maybe how her hair looks.

Q: What is a major turn off for you? 
A: A major turn-off would be if she was stuck-up or if she made it blatantly obvious that she isn’t having a good time. 

Nikki is a senior at the University of Michigan double majoring in English and Communication Studies.  In addition to Her Campus, Nikki is also involved in Ed2010, The Forum-Michigan's Greek Life Newspaper, Alpha Delta Pi, and Gamma Sigma Alpha.  In her spare time, she enjoys being outside, playing guitar, going on bike rides, and traveling.  Her guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip sites, Glee, and chocolate chip cookies.