This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Hello Michigan fashionistas! 

I have to admit, I’m sick of black lulus and espadrilles because I’ve seen that look too many times. Believe me, I’m not the only person who feels this way. The good news is that ripped jeans made an incredible comeback earlier this season. We’re not just talking about a plain old pair of bootleg Gap jeans though. For those of you like me who have an absolute surplus of these (I’m talking like 6 pairs): here’s a few tips on how to jazz them up.

Rip Those Jeans

Ripped jeans give you that look that says, “I’m edgy, urban, and chic”. The best part is if you have an old pair of jeans that has material that is starting to wear down, just put a scissor to them and they’ll look like they’re straight out of the Bloomingdales catalog. If you’re not so crafty, you can purchase ripped jeans straight from Bloomies itself. Try them in blue for class, and in black to complement your nightlife wardrobe. 

Cuff ‘Em Too

By no means are rips and cuffs mutually exclusive. You can wear any pair of jeans with cuffs at the bottom. Cuffing your jeans brings along a number of benefits to every fashion guru. First, it allows you to adapt to this ever bizarre warm weather we have been having in Michigan. Second, cuffing those jeans allows you to show some leg. Don’t be afraid to dress confidently! Lastly, this will jazz up your outfit and make your look more interesting.  

Cuffed jeans look great with all kinds of shoes! They also allow you to avoid that awkward “tucked my jeans into my booties” look. Now you can wear that pair of shoes you actually adore in a more casual setting.  I know, I love cuffing my jeans with my pair of Steve Madden, thick heeled fall boots. Try something a little riskier, like a strappy pair of wedges. The limites are endless.

To my lovely trendsetters and followers: I dare you to try something new this season. Abandon your eggings just for a day. Break out of your comfort zone and try a pair of jeans beause I promise you they will look awesome no matter if they’re ripped or cuffed.  

Images Courtesy of: Bloomgindales and Demandandwear.com