This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

“Closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” Third Eye Blind…or Semisonic? If you know me, you may know that these are the lyrics that play in the background of the flash-mob scene at the end of “Friends with Benefits” when Justin Timberlake asks Mila Kunis to be his best friend again. By far, this is my favorite scene of any romcom I have ever seen. While I always find myself tearing up to this scene, these lyrics hold far more of a meaning in my life than merely a sappy movie romance.

It was 12:00 a.m precisely, November 3, 2015. I read my letter, “Congratulations on Your Acceptance To Michigan Law.” While I thought my reaction to admission to Michigan as an undergraduate was intersting, this brought interesting to a whole new level. It was that moment where I felt a conglomeration of emotions: first I smiled, then I shook, then I thought I had been spammed in my inbox and freaked out, hyperventilating, because so many big changes were happening all at once that it all seemed surreal. When I finally confirmed with the admissions office that yes, I had been accepted into the program that I never in a million years thought I could get accepted to. It was then when I finally realized that this was just one of many big changes I had to accept in my life.

Whether it’s an admissions letter to graduate school, law school, medical school, or a job offer, for us seniors there are many big moments awaiting us. And while it’s all exciting, this can also be one of the most difficult times in an undergraduate’s life. Entering the next big milestone means completely reforming everything you had in your current stage of ignorance and bliss. Let’s call it college. In college, you meet a million people from all over the world. These people become your best friends, your romantic partners, and sometimes even your bridesmaids and groomsmen. What has been the most difficult for me, and perhaps even others, has been coming to terms with the fact that next year all of these people are suddenly not going to be here on campus with me. And this is true whether you’re moving to a new city or even back home. Suddenly, there is a new life ahead of you filled with ambiguity. Ambiguity leads to the fear of the unknown: who will I hang out with, when will I get my next promotion, or when will I get my first job? Truth be told, nobody can tell you the answers. At 21 or 22 years old, all you can know is this: the people you will surround yourself with and the steps beyond are concepts that only time can determine. Not knowing my future, especially since I’m someone who tries to plan out their whole life, is frightening, unsettling, and disheartening. However, it makes me feel better knowing that this is something a lot of us happen to be going through at this very moment.

For now though, look on the bright side: for those of you who know where you will be next, give yourselves a round of applause. For those of you who do not, slow down–you still have time. For now, cherish the moments you have. Make every night out feel like it’s your last. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Feel thrilled for your friends who have worked so hard to accomplish so much. And most importantly: don’t be scared. Your future holds a lot of potential. Get excited for the many possibilities that await you, and don’t let anything hold you back. When we all sit and face large decisions that we have to make, know that whatever decision you make about where your next footstep will land is for the best.

Dear seniors, congratulations on finishing the last difficult semester you will ever have to face as undergraduates. Stay confident and you will thrive.