This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

As the semester picks up and the stresses of school begin to mount, there is only one thing that sounds truly indulgent… watching movies and bingeing on the best shows. If you are like me, you fall trap to spending much of your semester dealing with group projects, studying, and maybe a few parties or two. And sometimes your Netflix gets cold from missing your gaze all semester. So, I decided to be proactive this year, and make the ever important decision on what to start watching. With so many new streaming services it is no longer a one stop shop of fun and bliss. 

Techradar’s 2019 best streaming services list provides twelve options for your tv pleasure. With Netflix as number one, it sounds like a great chance to explore more movie watching options, but in reality it is just more ways you will have to spend your money to watch the shows you have so easily been able to watch. With so many platforms on the market, the less and less probable you’ll find different shows on different networks all in the same place. I’m affected by this as my TV watching interests spread from Disney to Grey’s Anatomy to to old Audrey Hepburn movies. It is not the worst thing in the world but the days of using one or two platforms is over. Many carriers have their own unique originals, yet another enticement to get their service. Below is the breakdown of the top streaming services and their prices you just how much you’re getting into this semester. 

1. Netflix  – $8.99/mo
  2. Amazon Prime Video – $12.99/mo
  3. Hulu – $5.99/mo
  4. Disney Plus – $6.99/mo
  5. PlayStation Vue – Free pay to use other services 
  6. YouTube TV –  $49.99/mo 
  7. HBO Now and HBO Go – $15/mo
  8. Sling TV – $25/$40/mo
  9. Crunchyroll – $6.95/mo
  10. Twitch – Free
  11. iTunes / Google Play Store – purchase by title 
  12. Crackle – Free

Happy watching!

I'm currently a Varsity Cheerleader pursuing a Bachelor of General studies at the University of Michigan. I have a niche for fashion, writing, service, and leading. I love crafting, theatre, and appreciate all the arts. I love people, community, and try to add a little positivity wherever I go! XOXO
I'm Melanie Stamelman, a junior at the University of Michigan. I am the Campus Correspondent of UMich's chapter of Her Campus and am incredibly passionate about lifestyle journalism.  I follow the news and lifestyle trends, and am a self-proclaimed Whole Foods, spin obsessed wacko.  Thanks for reading xoxo.