The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

With the summer right around the corner, college girls like myself are wondering what makeup to invest in this season. To make the search a bit easier, here is a list of my favorite summer products to give you the perfect sun-kissed glow.  

While the summer season is filled with trips to the beach, sports games outside, picnics, and more, it is also filled with harmful UV rays and sweat from the heat. As a kid, I always experienced the irritation of my mom trying to rub sunscreen on my face. However, getting older has made me realize that the most important step to protecting yourself against the sun is wearing sunscreen. Finally, as a college girl in my 20s, I’ve found the best sunscreens that won’t leave a white cast on my face and won’t clog my pores.

1. Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen: ($38) The brand Supergoop is known for being cruelty-free and using recyclable packaging that is good for the environment. The unseen version is a clear, matte solution, leaving your skin feeling oil-free with no white cast. It is also a great base for any makeup you’ll be wearing!
  2. Supergoop Glow Screen Sunscreen: ($38) This alternate version to the Unseen Sunscreen is a glowy-tinted formula with an inclusive shade range. If you like wearing a tinted moisturizer with a glowy base, this sunscreen is for you! It also contains hyaluronic acid and niacinamide, both natural substances great for hydrating the skin.
  3. Beauty of Joseon – Relief Sun Sunscreen: ($18) This is an organic, lightweight sunscreen, that will leave a non-sticky feel to the skin, while also moisturizing the skin for intense hydration.

After establishing a good sunscreen, I love using lightweight and non-comedogenic makeup products that will give you a beautiful glowy finish. So here is a list of my summer go-tos all of which can be found at Sephora.

1. SAIE Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator Starglow: ($28) This water-based illuminator will leave your skin looking perfectly bronzed and is great for under a BB cream or skin-tinted moisturizer. You can use it as a spot highlighter or all over the face for a dewy look. It’s also vegan, fragrance-free, and silicone-free!
  2. Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint: ($28) This skin tint evens out your skin tone, leaving a dewy finish, without erasing your skin’s natural freckles or caking up imperfections. It can be used mixed with a moisturizer for a natural look, making it great for summer!
  3. MERIT Bronze Balm Sheer Sculpting Bronzer: ($30) This bronzer stick carves warmth and depth to your face’s sculpture. With a sheer finish and dewy solution, it is incredibly easy to blend and won’t stick in place on your skin. The product also contains microfine pigments and fatty acids, both great for keeping your skin looking natural while helping to lock in moisture and hydration.
  4. Summer Friday’s Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine: ($24) With eight different shades, these lip butter balms provide immense hydration that soothes lips immediately. It contains vegan waxes, which help soften lips and provide shine. The lip balms give a glowy finish, without a greasy texture! 
  5. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Créme & Powder Blush Duo: ($38) This product comes with two blush formulas, one powder, and one cream, that provide a radiant glow to your skin in the summer! You can use one or the other, or mix both to give a natural, sunkissed look.
Kate Levy

U Mich '26

Kate Levy is a sophomore at the University of Michigan studying Communications & Media from Los Angeles, California. Her favorite hobbies include reading, practicing meditation, taking boxing classes with friends, journaling, and watching movies!