Make Up Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Makeup Must-Haves

Walking into Sephora can be overwhelming; we don’t have the time, energy, or the money to buy everything in the store and decide what products work best. Thus, I’ve put together a list of makeup items that collegiettes should own.

1. Urban Decay – Naked Pallette

As a general rule, I’ve found that Urban Decay has the best eye shadows. They’re potent and don’t wear off. I would own the entire collection if I could afford to, but the Naked Palette allows you to practice with a variety of color combinations. It’s definitely a great must-have.

2. Make Up For Ever – Aqua Eyes Eyeliner (Matte Black)

This is, hands down, the best eyeliner out there. It’s long-lasting and doesn’t smudge.

3. Benefit Cosmetics – They’re Real! Mascara

This mascara itself is extremely lengthening. Additionally, the brush bristles are staggered so as to allow precision and volume.

4. Benefit Cosmetics – Stay Don’t Stray Eye Shadow Primer

In my opinion, this is a hidden secret of Sephora. I was never recommended it; however, this is, by far, the best eye shadow primer that I’ve ever used. The wand makes application easy and the consistency of the primer makes eye shadow stick perfectly.

5. Make Up For Ever – HD Invisible Cover Foundation

This foundation is perfect – it provides a thick enough coat to mask skin imperfections, but it’s thin enough so that it doesn’t look cakey on your face.

6. NARS – Blush/Bronzer Duo (Orgasm/Laguna)

This duo is a huge must-have. The blush looks great on almost any skin tone while the bronzer provides a natural-looking tan.

These six products can rejuvenate your face without costing a fortune and they are all extremely long-lasting.

My name is Jenn. I'm a student at the University of Michigan and I'm double majoring in Communications and Psychology.