It’s LEATHER Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

It is that time again, where you must put away your denim cut offs and tanks and pull out all of your fall pieces. One of the biggest trends for fall 2013 is leather. Not only leather jackets, but pants, shirts, shorts, and skirts. The sleek black material can be dressed up or dressed down for class or going out. Take some tips from Cat Woman in her leather unitard and motorcyclist tough jackets and add your own flair this fall. It is all leather (and pleather) everything this season. 

Sold out at all stores, these leather joggers cannot stay on the shelves at Topshop. They are very trendy and can be worn either to class or going out. Pair them with flats and a t-shirt or heels and a tank and they look perfect. The new baggy trend is very popular right now so be the first of your friends to have it on!

Topshop, $300 

Pair leather with leather as shown by Forever 21. This boustier and skirt are perfect for a night out. You will look polished, yet edge in an all leather get up and turn a lot of heads! 

Forever 21, boustier $17.80, skirt $22.80 

A definite staple for the fall is a classic leather jacket. You can wear it everyday and makes instantly makes any outfit look better. They also keep you warm in the cold Michigan temperatures. They can be worn with almost anything and can be found at cheap and expensive prices. Leather jackets never really go out of style so you can invest in one and have it forever. This bomber jacket from Revolve clothing is inexpensive and very cute. The zipper and pocket detail make it look very chic. 

Revolve clothing, $61.00

Bad hair day? Not a problem if you have a leather hat to put on. This leather baseball hat from Target is the perfect accessory to a fall outfit. It will mask any bad hair and look cute too. Wear you hair in a pony or down and this will guarantee to look cool. 

Target, $12.99 

Trade in your LBD being little black dress to being LBD leather black dress. Accessorize to make it fit your style and wear it with confidence because this LBD will look great on and make you the trendiest girl at Skeeps. The model at Tobi pairs the LBD with a statement necklace, but you could also add a cuff or cool earrings.

Tobi, $54