This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

As someone who deeply appreciates music, I love going to concerts and being a part of a moment in which my favorite artists can share something meaningful and beautiful. In my opinion, concerts are most enjoyable in the summer time, but they can also be a great indoor activity once it starts to get cold outside. This winter, there are a lot of great shows in Michigan that you should consider attending. Here’s a list of some of my favorite artists or musical collectives that have tours to look out for as 2018 comes to a close.Medasin – Thursday, October 11, 2018 @ the Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, MI

Medasin is a twenty year-old electronic DJ from Dallas, Texas. He has been mixing for a long time, and began producing around the age of seventeen. Despite his young age, he is a very talented DJ and is fairly settled into the music industry. Although his concert has already passed, I wanted to include him on this list because I am a huge fan and really enjoyed his performance. I highly suggest you check out his music, which you can find on Apple Music, Spotify and SoundCloud.​

Masego – Wednesday, October 24, 2018 @ Magic Stick, Detroit, MI

Masego, a twenty-five year-old Jamaican-born singer, also has a show coming up in October. He is a contemporary artist known for blending genres together into a style he refers to as “Trap House Jazz.” His futuristic soul vibe worked perfectly with Medasin’s beats in their joint album titled, Pink Polo EP. I fell in love with Masego after listening to one of his more popular songs, “Tadow”, which demonstrates his amazing vocals over a beautiful saxophone solo. If his musical style sounds at all appealing to you, buy tickets to his show this week! I guarantee it will be the best $20 you’ve ever spent.

Brockhampton – Friday, October 26, 2018 @ Masonic Temple, Detroit, MI

Jokingly referred to as “the best boy band since One Direction”, Brockhampton is one of the most popular contemporary American musical collectives in the industry. Original members of the band first found each other through an online forum called KanyeLive, where they formed a group called AliveSinceForever that was later rebranded as Brockhampton. The band continues to be revolutionary through their alternative hip-hop sound and juxtaposing presence as an openly gay rap group. Buy tickets to their 2018 tour and listen their most recently released album, Iridescence.

Amine – Tuesday, November 20, 2018, St. Andrew’s Hall, Detroit, MI

American rapper Amine also has a tour this winter, which will showcase his recently released second album, OnePointFive. His first album Good For You debuted in the summer of 2017, and featured his best-known single, “Caroline.” Many of his day one fans found his music on SoundCloud, but you can now listen to his songs on Spotify and Apple Music too. Amine’s 2018 album was a pleasant surprise, and I would recommend that you give his music a chance, even if you aren’t familiar with his older songs. And if you like what you hear, go see him live in November!

6lack – Wednesday, November 21, 2018, Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak, MI

6lack, pronounced “black”, is another young, American rapper and singer with an upcoming tour. He is best known for his single titled “Prblms”, which was released in 2016 on the album Free 6lack. Since then he has worked with artists such as Syd from The Internet, and dropped his second album, East Atlanta Love Letter, which features big names like Offset, Future, J. Cole and Khalid. He could potentially perform with some of these great artists while on tour, so buy tickets for his show and be surprised!

Travis Scott – Wednesday, December 5, 2018, Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, MI

Between his amazing music and famous baby momma Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott doesn’t need much of an introduction. At only twenty-six years old, he has quickly become one of America’s most widely known rappers, and has released several mix tapes and albums, including his most recent drop, Astroworld. His tour brings out other reputable rappers, including Trippie Redd, Gunna, and Sheck Wes. For those who have been to a Travis Scott show before, there is no denying his high energy on stage. This is undoubtedly the biggest concert this season, and you shouldn’t miss it!

Louis the Child – Wednesday, November 21, 2018, Masonic Temple, Detroit, MI

Louis the Child is a Chicago-based DJ duo made up of two young boys. Although the pronunciation of their name is sometimes unclear, there is no doubt that these two producers are very talented, and they have countless hits across various albums as proof. As someone who has been to three Louis the Child concerts within the last two years, I can confidently confirm that their shows are worthwhile.

Mac Miller – Wednesday, November 28, 2018, Fox Theater, Detroit, MI

Mac Miller’s Swimming Tour was canceled due to his tragic, unexpected death at the age of twenty-six, but I wanted to include him on this list to honor both his life and his phenomenal album. I have been a Mac Miller fan since I was twelve years old, and his music has always provided me with solace, but his 2018 album, Swimming, was particularly moving for me. Both his music and lyrics have touched me in ways I cannot explain, and I am heartbroken over the loss of such an outstanding artist. Please show your respects by listening to his work, particularly Swimming, as it is a musical masterpiece that now stands as his last words in the form of an album.

There’s something magical about the concert experience. Music brings people together from all over the world to witness a moment in time that is then mutually shared by both the artist and the fans. Concerts represent a space where an artist has willingly subjected himself or herself to the judgment of others; where they come to put their reputation and career on the line in order to share something that they deeply believe in. It’s a beautiful thing, and you won’t want to miss out on your chances to be a part of such moments this winter.

Hello readers! My name is Sonja and I am a recent graduate of the University of Michigan studying Communication & Media with a minor in Art History. I've been writing for HerCampus since I was a sophomore, and have really appreciated the opportunity to share my ideas with my peers and have my work published. My goal as a writer is to explore interesting yet meaningful topics in popular culture in order to produce relavant, thought-provoking content for my readers. Beyond writing, my passions include music, visual arts, being outdoors and spending time with family and friends. I hope you enjoy my work. Thank you for reading!