burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Greatest Booties for Tall Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

At five foot eight, I know I’m not exactly abnormally tall. That being said, I am far from petite, and hate towering over the seemingly shrinking male population that inhabits Michigan’s campus.

Therefore, while I love to rock a pair of Jeffery Campbell sequin 6-inch lace-up booties like my five foot three roommate, I knew this would forever be too far outside my comfort zone.

The past three years of college, I had been on a continuous hunt for the perfect pair of booties for a girl of my stature. I wanted the leg-elongating help that all heels give, but I did not want to wear kitten heels that look like they should be paired with a grey lady-suit for a big meeting.

I’m writing today to let you all know that on November 8th, 2015, my journey came to an end. While venturing through Somerset’s Nordstrom Shoe Department, I came across the BP Trolley Ankle Bootie. Available in 8 colors, including shiny gold and cheetah print in addition to the basic palette, these boots are everything I’ve ever conjured up in my head. With a 3-inch heel and 4-inch boot shaft, they give just enough lift to your leg without sending you sky-rocketing above those around you.

Beyond being the perfect height, they also come in both suede and leather options. I immediately purchased the black leather and grey suede, being that these are sold for only $99, a relative steal compared to most shoe brands. I wore the boots for the first time Tuesday night, and didn’t have as much as the beginnings of a blister the next morning; they’re insanely comfortable.

While being tall is nothing to be ashamed of, there’s no harm in finding the perfect pair of shoes that you feel confident in. With the BP Trolley boot, I truly don’t feel like I’m giving anything up. Often times, I tend to sacrifice fashion for fear of shooting up past six feet in a new Steve Madden pump, but there are no sacrifices being made with this boot. I don’t feel too tall, but I do feel sophisticated and trendy—and the color options allow you to match with truly any outfit. 

Check them out here!

Image Courtesy of: Nordstrom