Graduate Ann Arbor: Your Next Go-To Spot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

“I think it’s open to so many different possibilities and events – that’s what makes it so great,” said senior, Emily Munch, regarding Graduate Ann Arbor hotel. This past week, Her Campus had the opportunity to visit the hotel and its equally esteemed restaurant, the Allen Rumsey Supper Club. What we discovered was a delightful twist on your typical hotel and dining experience.

Graduate Ann Arbor is seated in a prime location on campus, right around the corner from North Quad on the edge of Kerry Town. Its exterior is beautiful and efficient with valet parking, however it’s interior is what truly stunned us during our visit. The lobby boasted an elegant mix of scholarly decor with fun, modern accents. Its serene nature is perfect for a secluded study spot, as we even witnessed one student huddled in a pile of papers and textbooks at the table picture above. However, a practical study environment is not the only thing Graduate Ann Arbor is useful for.

Her Campus also noticed how great an environment the hotel and adjoining restaurant are for parent visits. Why stress over finding a Main Street reservation when you have a perfect option right in your parents’ hotel? The dinner menu has plenty of delicious options for everyone involved, and the staff is extremely accommodating and helpful for any and all dietary restrictions. Some of our favorite choices included the cheese and charcuterie board pictured above, as well as the Alaskan halibut, and the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. In general, the restaurant is formal, tasty, and has enough scholarly spirit to its ambiance to impress any parent or visitor staying for a weekend.

Although the restaurant may be perfect for a nice family dinner this upcoming Homecoming Weekend, it’s also an excellent choice for a dinner date or date party drinks pregame. Why wait until an hour before the party to get to know your date? Instead, get a group together for drinks or dinner at Graduate Ann Arbor. Their appetizers are perfect for sharing, and their drink menu is able to quench any pre-date jitters. Their bar is also Michigan sports themed, so it’s sure to impress any Wolverine.

As a whole, Graduate Ann Arbor provides an intimate and inviting atmosphere for a variety of events and evenings. From studying, to impressing your parents, to impressing a date, Graduate Ann Arbor and the Allen Rumsey Supper Club should definitely be on your radar for your next big evening.

Thanks again to the wonderful staff during our visit!

Images Courtesy of: Graduate Ann Arbor, Emily Munch

Em M

U Mich

Em is a senior at the University of Michigan, studying English and Psychology. Go Blue!