Grace Collins: Club Lacrosse Goalie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Name: Grace Collins

Year: Sophomore

Major: Business

Hometown: Wayne, PA

Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus? 

Grace Collins: I am in the Delta Delta Delta sorority, I play club lacrosse, I am in the Women in Business Club, I’m a part of the Marketing Club and I’m a part of the Retail and Luxury Goods Club. 

HC: Why did you decide to come to Michigan?

GC: I came to play lacrosse as the goalie on the Varsity team! However, I decided to stop, and I now play for the Michigan Women’s Club Lacrosse team.

HC: Why did you decide to stop playing Varsity and start playing club?

GC: I wanted the ability to experience Michigan for all it has to offer, not just through one avenue. I realized that with club lacrosse I would have the opportunity to play a sport that I love without sacrificing other opportunities for campus involvement, which I can now more easily participate in. 

HC: What do you like most about Women’s Club Lacrosse?

GC: I love the team atmosphere, and I love being able to travel with the team to play against other schools in places as far as California.

HC: What are you most looking forward to as your year winds up?

GC: In relation to Women’s Club Lacrosse, I am looking forward to our upcoming trip to Colorado where we will have the opportunity to compete against other really strong teams. Also, I can’t wait to contend for the National Club Lacrosse Championship in May!

HC: Thanks for talking to us, Grace! Good luck with all things lacrosse and the rest of the school year.

GC: It was my pleasure. Thanks guys!