This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

The summer has quickly come and gone, which means it’s time to embark on yet another adventure-packed semester at the University of Michigan. With Welcome Week over and classes beginning to pick up, resulting in what are sure to be late nights at the UGLi, school has started – which means a new wardrobe is in order. Whether you have been waiting all summer long to show off your latest style, or you know a trip to Briarwood Mall is in your near future, new clothes are a must-have for a successful and stylish school year.

Off-the-shoulder shirts have become increasingly popular this season. By showing just a little bit of skin, these blouses give you a sleek but sassy look, perfect for both day and night. Pair your off-the-shoulder shirt with a pair of jeans and booties for a casual outing with friends, or dress it up with a skirt and heals for something a little more formal. Look no further than Macy’s or Nordstrom to find the blouse that is right for you.

Rompers continue to make their way to campus. Originally popular in the 1990’s, rompers have become a big staple item for both the summer and fall seasons. Whether they are short sleeve or long sleeve, rompers compliment every body type, drawing attention to the waistline where material is gathered. Forever 21 and H&M are bound to have a romper for every occasion. Pair this one-piece garment with a pair of strappy sandals or heels for a fierce and confident look.

There is no denying that ripped jeans have found their place in the world of fashion. Perfect for any day out on the town, these go-to jeans are sure to be seen on any girl walking around Ann Arbor. Wear them with a pair of sneakers and a flannel for a casual look, or try a bodysuit and wedges to spice things up. Any department or specialty store is sure to have a pair that fits just right.

While jean jackets have always been in style, this denim jacket with sweatshirt sleeves has become a must-have as we move into the fall. Great for days that are a bit too chilly to go without sleeves, this jacket can be thrown over any top to create a simple yet timeless look. Pair it with a white undershirt to make the denim stand out. Check out Express to find a similar look.

With Wolverines back on campus, excited to see where this school year will take them, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for new styles as they emerge with the changing weather. Try your hand at these fashion trends before it is too late… who knows what trends the winter will bring.

Images Courtesy of: Glam Radar, Elle Shwer, Devin Ryder, Mel Racenstein and Hannah Stein