This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Welcome back ladies! Though our thirst for summer sun is turning into a craving for apple cider and Pumkin Spice lattes, this week’s Campus Cutie warms things up a bit with his avant garde approach to dating. Check out our recent interview with Umich Junior, Fernando Garcia. 

Major: Movement Science; Pre-med

Favorite pastime: Playing baseball and swimming in the ocean

Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI

Bilingual: English and Spanish

Favorite Color: Blue

Q: What would you say is the most attractive attribute of a woman?

A: Her eyebrows and her eyes

Q: Tell me a little bit about what a first date would look like to you.

A: I would pick her up of course, she shouldn’t have to go out of her way to do anything on a first date. Ideally I’d want to take her somewhere she hasn’t been before, maybe to another part of town or something. I try to get away from the typical ‘pick her up and go out to eat’ cliché. I also like to keep it simple on a first date, I don’t want her to feel like I’m doing to much to impress her, that might just make her feel uncomfortable. 

Q: What do you expect from a lady on a first date?

A: I want her to have a good time, and to relax. Don’t be stiff and by stiff I mean, don’t be afraid to be funny, or tell me about something crazy you’ve done in the past. Just be yourself, it’s the best way to go.

Q: How soon would you take a girl home? 

A: Taking into account my past experiences, I usually wait a while. Family is very important to me and I’d like the girl to be comfortable in meeting my parents, but also to know that she’s really special if I’m bringing her home. I’ve only brought home two girls in my life. It’s a big deal to me.  

Q: What your favorite food?

A:  I love my Cuban Cuisine! I was born in Cuba and both my parents are from there, I’d have to say my favorite dishes are Picadillo, fried plantains, and batidos de mango y papaya

Q: What is something you find unappealing in a woman?

A: A girl who smokes.

Q: What do you think about kissing on a first date?

A: I think it depends on how comfortable my date feels, though nine out of ten times a first kiss usually works its way into the evening. 

Q: Is time management an issue for you at all, when it comes to balancing your schoolwork and your personal life? 

A: When it comes to relationships, time usually just comes naturally. At first it might be hard to fit everything in, but there’s a point when making time for that special someone just comes naturally, so I don’t think it’s a big deal once you’ve decided to be with that person.

Q: What are your favorite sports? 

A: Baseball and basketball, I’ve played both at some point in the past. 

Q: What are your goals for the future?

A: I plan on attending Medical School, that’s something I’m very sure about. If I get accepted to Michigan, I’d love to go here because at the end of the day, what’s better than Ann Arbor? Otherwise, somewhere warm, probably Florida.