Fabulous Fall $20 Makeup Challenge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Do you find yourself wanting to recreate the hottest fall makeup looks but you’ve only got $20 in your pocket? It wasn’t a problem for Macklemore, and it certainly isn’t a problem for us. Like all smart collegiettes, we have a few shopping tricks up our sleeve to make you look fabulous, even on a budget. Caution: the following deals may blow you away.

1. Wet N Wild Coverall Crème Foundation – $3.99

(Available at CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, or online)

Image courtesy of www.drugstore.com

This foundation is a great medium to full coverage product. For this look, you will need to use clean fingers to apply it all over your face. If you have some stubborn problem areas, just add a second coat to build up coverage. It creates a beautiful and even canvas for the rest of the makeup to sit on.

1. E.L.F. Complexion Brush – $3.00

(Available at Target, Kmart, Walmart, and online)

Image courtesy of www.drugstore.com

This is a great everyday brush for bronzer, blush, highlight, or even a powder foundation. For this look, use it to apply blush right to the apples of your cheeks.

3. Wet N Wild Color Icon Blusher in Mellow Wine – $2.99

(Available at CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, and online)

Image courtesy of www.drugstore.com

This plum-red blush is right on trend for fall. There is a slight shimmer which will give you a glow all day long and the deeper color will complement any fall outfit.

4. N.Y.C. Eye Liner Brow Pencil in Sable – $0.99

(Available at Target or Walmart)

Image courtesy of www.drugstore.com

This eye liner and brow pencil is a steal for only $0.99! By getting a color that matches your brows, you can double the use and create the popular thick statement brow along with a subtle brown liner that will complement any eye color. If you are looking for a day-to-night conversion, line your lower lash line and lower water line with this pencil to create a smoky eye.

1. Wet N Wild Trio Eye Shadow Palette in Knock on Wood – $2.99

(Available at CVS, Walmart, Walgreens and online)

Image courtesy of www.drugstore.com

This versatile trio of eye shadows is a great fall staple. You can just wear the light pink or plum all over for a day look, or create a fall-inspired smoky eye with the beautiful plum and brown colors.

1. Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara – $2.99

(Available at Walgreens, Kmart, and online)

Image courtesy of www.drugstore.com

This mascara is the absolute best bang for your buck. It gives you long and voluminous lashes in a dark black color which will draw attention to your beautiful eyes and add drama to our fall look.

7. Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Terra Crave or Cranberry Crush – $2.99

Cranberry Crush is the 3rd from the right and Terra Crave is the last one on the right.

Image courtesy of www.valentinekisses.com

These lip balm stains are perfect for the collegiette on the go. Fall lips are typically either nude or berry colored, and depending on whether you’re feeling a dramatic or more subtle look, you can do either with these. The stain will leave your lip color on all day as you run around from class to class, and the balm will keep your lips hydrated.

And our total comes to… (drumroll please)… $19.94! Enjoy your fall beauty look that’ll make you look like a thousand bucks, not $20.