This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Community, an American television sitcom, is filled with lovable characters and an interesting plot. These people initially band together as a study group for a Spanish Class (taught by Ken Jeong) but eventually take charge of saving the entire school. At Greendale, these characters joined every club to help the school. But what would they do at the University of Michigan?

Annie Eddison – The Michigan Daily

Annie is a go-getter and a self-proclaimed teacher’s pet. There is no doubt that she would be involved in half the clubs on campus. However, Annie’s claim to fame would be her role as Editor-in-chief of the Michigan Daily. Annie leads every single “study” session and club at Greendale; Sending out a newspaper every day is the kind of challenge only Annie could conquer!

Jeff Winger – Greek Life

I don’t know if Greek Life is technically a club, but it would be the only group to interest Jeff. Jeff hates school and putting in an effort. After all, that’s what landed him in Greendale in the first place. Jeff loves partying and hanging out with “the boys.” I know that social events are only one aspect of Greek life, but let’s not pretend that Jeff wouldn’t be a frat star.

Troy Barnes – The Squirrel Club

Troy is a gifted guy. He’s a great friend, and he’s great with plumbing! However, I think that Troy would join the squirrel club and just stick with that. I don’t have that much logic behind this reasoning, but I just think that Troy would really enjoy hanging out with some squirrels from time to time. I do think that he could get kicked out for throwing acorns at the squirrels though.

Britta Perry – Her Campus

Britta would join every single social awareness club at the beginning of the school year, and then never go. While she loves the idea of being a political participant, she usually never follows through. The only extracurricular that could keep her hooked is Her Campus. Britta would join the brazen group of female writers and write social justice pieces. She might “Britta” some of her articles with typos or unchecked facts though, so her work would need to be heavily edited.

Abed Nadir – Films Labeled as Uniquely bad (FLUB)

Abed spends most of his time watching TV and movies and knows almost everything about the film industry. He does tend to appreciate the classics more when it comes to his reenacting, but nothing will stop him from watching a movie with a wacky plotline. Abed would love FLUB because he would get to do his favorite thing: talk and watch TV with his friends.

Pierce Hawthorn – HeForShe

I know what you’re thinking: Pierce is a little racist, a little homophobic, and a little sexist. Why would he join a club that promotes gender equality? To this, I respond by saying, we all know why he would join. Pierce would join HeForShe so that he can say he cares about an important social cause, but he really just wants to meet women. Down the line, Pierce would be really moved by all the work put into the club and become a real ally (with some nudging from Annie of course). 

Shirley Bennet – Christians on Campus

Shirley is a devout Christian and speaks constantly about how religion put her life on the right track. She preaches Christian teachings and tries to push them on her friends as well. Shirley would love the idea of a community that shared her values. There is no doubt she would bring lots of baked goods to every meeting, but she would also guilt everyone into letting her be the lead every time any singing occurred.

Emily Walke

U Mich '23

Hello! I'm from Washington D.C. and I'm a sophomore at University of Michigan. I am studying Gender and Health and I'm also pursuing a history minor. I love movies, television, and all types of media in between. I also host a weekly podcast called Former Fatties which is available on all major streaming platforms.