Carter Lin, Men’s Tennis Player

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Name: Carter Lin

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communication Studies

Hometown: Norfolk, Virginia

Fun Fact: I sing, play guitar, piano and drums.

Her Campus: How old were you when you first started playing tennis?

Carter Lin: I started playing tennis when I was 5.

HC: Do you like to play singles or doubles better?

CL: I like singles more. I enjoy the one-on-one competitiveness and the extra pressure.

HC: What has been your best memory of playing here, at Michigan, so far?

CL: When we beat no. 20, Memphis, in a big upset. The atmosphere of the crowd and the happiness of my teammates was amazing.

HC: What are your goals for the spring season?

CL: I want to become a staple in the lineup, win the Big Ten Championship next year, and hopefully make the All Big Ten team.

HC: How do you balance tennis and school?

CL: Balancing school and tennis is hard. Luckily, I have the help of my teammates, coaches, tutors, and advisors to support me all the time. They make it a lot easier on me, and I’m very grateful for that.

Ashley Preston is a Junior majoring in Communication Studies. She enjoys college football more than the average girl and hopes to someday work in the field of college sports. Ashley is currently a communications intern at the Michigan Athletic Department. Her favorite food is popcorn and she loves to spend her summers camping with family. Follow her on twitter @aprezt0n or on Insta @anpresto!