This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Passionate, dedicated and ambitious, Carly Manes, a junior at U of M, is this week’s campus celeb.  In addition to being a successful student in the Ford School of Public Policy, president of U of M’s thriving Students For Choice, and a member of numerous youth councils and advisory boards, Carly is an amazing, supportive friend, a person everyone should get to know.

Hailing from Syosset, New York, Carly has been an advocate for reproductive justice since she was in high school. Upon entering college, Carly immediately became involved in myriad campus organizations, including LSA student government, the Ginsberg Center, and more. She pursued her passion for ensuring equal and safe reproductive decisions for all women by becoming involved in Students for Choice, an organization in which she would later become a successful president. Her unceasing devotion to this cause has led her to influence decisions in Michigan, and has additionally led her all the way to DC. A selfless champion for these rights, Carly works tirelessly to help others. In addition to her hard work, she has an amazing ability to listen to others who might not share her views, but can work across barriers to come together.

Despite the time she devotes to campus organizations, Carly is able to pursue her amazingly unique interests, including indie music, rock climbing, and camping. Carly is a girl who would go out of her way for her friends, and anyone would be lucky to have her support.

Look out for this amazing leader, you might see her advocating in the diag, running in a triathalon, or running across campus to visit a friend.