A cute workout outfit goes a long way—not only does it show off your personal style, but it can give you that extra boost of confidence to work hard and push yourself during your workout.
There are certain things to consider before you purchase new pieces for your workout wardrobe:
- Comfort and fit— how does this piece look on your body type? Does it fit well and look good? More importantly, does it feel good? Comfort should be your priority. If it’s not a flawless fit, don’t buy it. (But if you do, keep in mind that it’s always better to air on the bigger side).
- Price— while it’s important to stay within your budget while shopping, sometimes it’s appropriate to splurge on certain staple pieces that you can invest in.
- Your existing wardrobe— is this piece versatile? You want to buy pieces that go well with the clothes you already own.
Consider the following when looking for sporty-chic pieces to add to your spring workout wardrobe:
1. Black yoga pants and colorful printed workout pants
Many people (myself included) consider lululemon the go-to store for yoga wear. While their clothes are pricey, the cost is well worth it. The pants are made from quality, long-lasting material, and the fit is always flattering. The company recently hired a new CEO, and changes in the line have been made accordingly. Below is one of my favorite new styles.
While plain black is always a must and a staple for your workout wardrobe, consider buying a pair with a pattern. Fitsugar.com recently complied a list of 11 pairs of yoga pants with fun prints. Check it out!
2. Colorful, flattering tops—Victoria’s Secret is the place to go. While this store may sometimes appear to be the underdog for workout attire, I promise it won’t disappoint! The styles are cute, yet gym appropriate, and the prices are easily affordable.
(VS SPORT RUNNING SINGLET $39.50, http://www.victoriassecret.com/victorias-secret-sport/all-tops/running-s…)
3. Nike— I can’t get enough of Nike’s spring trends. While colorful Nike sneakers have been popular for some time now, other workout pieces such as hoodies and t-shirts are just beginning to grow in popularity.
(NIKE PRO HYPERWARM FITTED SEAMLESS PULLOVER $125, http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/pro-hyperwarm-fitted-seamless-pullover…)
(NIKE PRINTED G87 $42, http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/printed-g87-training-tank-top/pid-8294…)