Brody Friedman, Top Dog on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Name: Brody Friedman

Age: Three (is that like 21 in dog years?)

Hometown: Miami, FL

Fraternity: AEPi

Major: Majoring in bein’ a dawgggg

Relationship Status: Single and looking

Her Campus: Where’s your favorite spot to hang out on campus?

Brody Friedman: The Arb. Lots and lots of grass and nature – plus I love chasing the squirrels around. It’s one of the few places where my big bro Kyle lets me run free. Otherwise, most of the time, he keeps me on the leash. He mentioned something about how I’m too immature to run free in public. I respectfully disagree.

HC: Are you ever told that you have dog’s breath, and how do you deal with that?

BF: By dog’s breath, you mean minty fresh breath? Right? 

HC: Describe your dream b*tch.

BF: Lives in Ann Arbor, preferably fluffy fur like me. I prefer small dogs. The big ones always give me attitude. I’m just looking for someone who loves long walks in the arb and goes wild on gamedays. Go blue! 

HC: Steak or chicken?

BF: I’m a fish guy… I’m allergic to meat.

HC: What possessed your parents to let your big bro, Kyle, take you to school?

BF: They wanted my big bro Kyle to show me the college life, and more specifically the college life at Michigan. I had heard so much about Ann Arbor over the past two years, talk about FOMO.

HC: Take us through an ordinary day in your life on campus.

BF: To start, I wake up extra early and jump on Kyle’s bed to wake him up. But, lets just say, he’s not really a “morning person.” Anyway, once he eventually wakes up, he takes me for a walk around East University. Then he goes to class and locks me in his room for what I think is about 5 minutes, or is it 5 hours? I can never tell. I then get him to take me on walks around campus, whether it’s to the diag or to the arb. I’m happy with anything. I get so much attention, I feel like LeBron James! I usually try to have Kyle snap a few pictures of me, so I can post to my Instagram account, Kingbrody.umich. I’m all about the likes these days (who isn’t?) Follow me! At nighttime the boys and I will hangout and watch TV. Basketball is my favorite sport to watch!

HC: Do you own any Michigan gear? If so, what do you have? If not, what would you want?

BF: Kyle got me a Michigan jersey from the M Den. He said it was the largest size they had, but we couldn’t even fit it over my head! Ideally, that’s all I want and maybe some boots to wear to tailgates, so I don’t get too muddy.

HC: Is your hair always this long, or would you ever consider changing it up?

BF: I’d be down for a buzzcut, but my mom likes it long, and she would be very upset if I cut it short. Someone once cut it short, and she cried for days. I never went back to the groomer again.