Brian M: Winner of a Coveted IM Sports T-Shirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Name: Brian M

Year in school: Senior

Major: Biochemistry

Hometown: Downers Grove, IL

Hobbies: Touring Ann Arbor, playing sports, eating

Her Campus: What types of Intramural sports have you played at the University of Michigan?

Brian M: I have played flag football, softball, and inner tube water polo.

HC: How badly did you want to win one of the prized IM t-shirts in your senior year?

BM: I wanted to win it very badly because this was one of my last chances to do so.  It is something that you always hear about upon coming into the University, and something that was on my bucket list before I graduated.

HC: What sport did your team win? What was the final game like?

BM: We won inner tube water polo, and the final game was extremely intense.  We started out down by a couple of goals, but then we got together and figured out what we needed to do and ended up winning 7-6… a true nail-biter. 

HC: You must have listened to a motivational song before jumping in the pool, right?

BM: Of course, “Bring Em’ Out” by T.I. is my jam.

HC: How do you feel when you wear your IM Champion shirt around campus?

BM: I kind of feel like I am a part of a select club, and it is always fun seeing other people in the shirts around campus and doing the secret handshake.

HC: Any advice to the IM teams out there who are in pursuit of the shirt?

BM: Don’t let athletic inability keep you down.  All it really takes is teamwork and the ability to intimidate the other team with wild chants.

HC: Final thoughts?

BM: The shirt, the shirt, the shirt.