Best Five Fall Activities Around Ann Arbor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Unfortunately, football games only claim eight Saturdays of the fall. Therefore, you’re left with quite a few weekends feeling helpless. What else is there to do besides wake up at 6am, only to be back in bed by 12pm for the rest of the day? Turns out, Ann Arbor and the surrounding areas have tons of fall activities for you to take advantage of before the snow hits and going outside in just a sweater and boots is unjustifiable. And if nothing else… you can at least get a new profile picture out of it.

1. The Dexter Cider Mill – right outside Ann Arbor, this is the oldest continuously operating cider mill in Michigan. Come for the apples; stay for the donuts.

2. Wiard’s Orchard & Haunted Thrill Park – Beyond cider, hayrides, and pumpkin patches, this orchard offers a haunted thrill park, Night Terrors, perfect for an evening trip in October.

3. Talladay Farms Corn Maze – One of the largest corn mazes in the Midwest, stretching 27 acres, this venture is sure to take up a good chunk of your day… don’t get too lost!

4. Brew Tour—If you’re of age, there are eight breweries in Washtenaw County. Grab friends and hit them all on a brewery crawl: Corner Brewery, Wolverine State Brewing Company, Original Gravity, Arbor Brewing Company, Grizzly Peak, Jolly Pumpkin and Blue Tractor.

5. Nichols Arboretum – This one probably isn’t an unknown destination to you, but if you get some down time be sure to take a walk through once the leaves start to change… or even run if you’re feeling ambitious.

Photos Courtesy of: reinhart realtors, hauntworld, groupon, annarbor.com, forestlakes.com, and michigan daily.