Ann Arbor’s 5 Must-See Summer Concerts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Whether you’re on campus for Spring/Summer term or you just can’t stay away from AA, here are some cool concerts you shouldn’t miss:

Jukebox The Ghost – June 1st at The Blind Pig

This indie rock trio met in college and has toured with the likes of Ben Folds, Jack’s Mannequin, and Barenaked Ladies. Their fun and synthy songs are sure to please, and they’ve been known to play long live sets so you’ll get your money’s worth!

Hey Marseilles – June 17th at The Ark

With the release of their second album in March and a stacked tour this summer, it’s safe to say that at least one of the seven members of this all-male fun folk group is sure to charm you when they hit Michigan in June.

Django Django – June 18th at the Power Center

These rocking Brits with a critically acclaimed debut album will be on campus this summer at the Ann Arbor Summer Festival, and their concert will be the only place worth being that Tuesday night (sorry, Skeeps).

She & Him – July 1 at Hill Auditorium

As if you needed an excuse for wanting to be in the same room as Zooey Deschanel for an evening, she and her band will be gracing the Hill Auditorium and her soothing vocals are a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

Amadou & Mariam – July 2nd at the Power Center

This Malian duo met at The Institute for the Young Blind when they both played in the orchestra, and their unique sound will make for an unbelievable live experience at this year’s Ann Arbor Summer Festival. 

Rebecca Lawson is the Managing Editor (former Editor in Chief) of Her Campus at the University of Michigan. She is a senior in the University of Michigan School of Information's new Bachelor of Science in Information program, and is also pursuing Michigan's Program in Entrepreneurship certificate. After graduation, she will be working as an Associate Consultant for Microsoft in the Seattle area. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @abovethelawson! And be sure to follow our chapter's Twitter and Instagram @hercampusumich!