8 Alternatives to Leaving Your House on a Cold Friday Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean your night is confined to Netflix. Here are eight things to try when going out in that blizzard isn’t your ideal Friday Night.

1.     Game night with your neighbors.

Break out the box of Cards Against Humanity, break the seal on a new deck of playing cards, and call your neighbors over for game night. Add a bottle of wine or another kind of drinking game and you will be content with your decision to not go to the frat party.

2.     Movie night with the girls.

Movie nights are versatile. You can sing along with the Disney classics to help blow off some steam, turn Finding Nemo in to a drinking game, or pop some popcorn and watch a horror movie that will have you and your friends cuddled together to keep you warm.

3.     Throw your own party.

Who said that the party couldn’t come to you? Pick a theme that will get all of your friends in the mood for an amazing night. As a bonus, you can wear that little black dress you have been saving for the warmer months since you won’t be leaving your house.

4.     Arts and crafts.

Get creative and paint some pictures for your dorm room, make crayon art for your apartment, or make a Block M banner for your house. Add glitter and rhinestones and it should make for some pretty great Instagrams as well.

5.     Nail art.

Pick an over-the-top picture of nail art off of your Pinterest boards and turn it in to reality! Beauty vloggers on YouTube have endless tutorials of how to bring those amazing pictures to life.

6.     Bake a cake.

Or cupcakes, or cookies, or brownies. Choose something that sounds delicious and pair it with a dessert wine.

7.     Make a music video.

This may be a flashback to eighth grade, but who doesn’t love dressing in neon clothes, over-the-top makeup, and lip-syncing to their favorite song? Dance around with your friends and roommates and it will be even better than avoiding your latest hook up at the party you were suppose to attend.

8.     Snowball fight!

Take advantage of the snow! Build a snow fort, create a family of snow people, and start a snowball fight with the guys next door. If you are near a hill, take it one step further and go sledding!