priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

7 Reasons Why President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are Relationship Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Let’s be honest here, over the last eight years we’ve watched an incredible relationship blossom on Capitol Hill – little did we know, it would be between our President and VP. I mean, every time they’re together they light up the room and incite envy from other politicians because their friendships aren’t nearly as awesome, obviously. Obama even said once in a speech, “[He and Biden have] gotten so close, in some places in Indiana, they won’t serve [them] pizza anymore.” Here’s 10 reasons why Obama and Biden are the picture-perfect relationship, and why Michelle should watch out because their love for each other is pretty damn pure:

1. Even when things get tough, Joe always finds a way to make Barack crack a smile.​

2. That being said, when things are just a little too tough for jokes, Barack gives great comforting and reassuring hugs, that’ll make Joe feel like everything is going to be okay.

3. Joe is ALWAYS going to back Barack up because, let’s be real here; Barack is always going to be Joe’s #1 since day one.

4. Barack always knows how to make sure Joe rises to the occasion because being the Vice President of the United States and the leader of the free world’s best friend is no small feat.

5. BUT, Joe always makes sure that Barack doesn’t take his job too seriously because Barack would have way more gray hair otherwise.

6. Barack is always honest with Joe, even though he will tell Joe things Joe doesn’t necessarily want to hear. Joe values Barack’s advice above all else because he knows that Barack wants only what’s best for him.

7. Finally, nobody looks at them, the way they look at each other. There is nothing but unwavering love for each other in their eyes. Who doesn’t want another person too look at them the way Joe looks at Barack?

Images courtesy of: WordPress, Popsugar, Daily Mail, New York Daily News, and CDN

I'm from Atlanta, Georgia, but mind you I do not have a southern accent (even though I secretly want one). I'm currently pursuing a double major in History and Political Science (don't ask me if I'm going to Law School because I honestly don't even know what I'm eating for dinner). I love writing, reading, binge watching netflix, working out, eating, and most importantly I love hanging out with my friends. My life goal is to one day complete the Mount Nachissimo Nacho Eating challenge at Tio's.