5 Winter Headwear Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Are you struggling to find the perfect piece of head gear to keep you warm and fashionable this winter? Check out these five trends to help solve your winter troubles.

1. Faux Fur Pom Beanie

This trend has already become a statement piece for this winter. It’s cute, sophisticated, and edgy all at the same time—making it perfect for this season.

2. Earflap Hat

One of the most efficient styles out of these trends, the earflap hat, allows you to look cute, but also keep your ears nice and cozy from those harsh winter storms. Plus, this hat here from American Eagle is playing up the fur pom trend as well!

3. Slouchy Beanie

The slouchy beanie provides an edgier counterpart to the pom beanie. Choose one in a bright color, like this one from Urban Outfitters and you’re sure to be stand out from the crowd this winter.

4. Headband/Ear Warmer

Don’t need the warmth of a full hat but still want all of the style? Check out a stylish headband/ear warmer. They’re perfect for when you want to sprice things up a little. 

5. Michigan Hat

The perfect Michigan student wouldn’t be caught dead on campus without the perfect Michigan hat! Whether that be a crazy-patterned earflap hat, a headband bearing the block M, or even just a simple maize and blue beanie, we all know that a Michigan hat is a necessity when it comes to showing off your school pride and staying stylish.

Images Courtousy of: Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Topshop, Fox Sports, Ebay