This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

1. Minnie Mouse

Minnie Mouse is a perfect and not-basic option for Halloween this year. All you need is a red skirt, a black top (we all own one), and Minnie Mouse ears in order to complete your outfit. Also, you can cut out circles of white paper and super glue it to the skirt if you are really trying to go all out.

Skirt: www.amazon.com $12.99, Ears: www.partycity.com $6.99, Top: www.forever21.com $12.90

2. Barbie

Life in plastic, it’s fantastic! Living life as Barbie should not be more complicated than this. A great addition is the $4 patch which you can stick on to a pink dress, or any Barbie related attire. An added bonus is that with the nametag on, you won’t have to deal with answering, “so what are you supposed to be?” for the tenth time in one night.

Patch: www.etsy.com $3.59, Dress: www.tobi.com $34, Pearls: www.halloweencostumes.com $6.99

3. Astronaut

Houston, we have so many problems, but at least a Halloween costume isn’t one of them. This low-key option is a great choice, especially because you can re-wear the t-shirt and shorts all the time.

Helmetwww.partycity.com $29.99, Shirt: www.target.com $12.99, Shorts: www.tobi.com $22

4. Waldo

You would think that an outfit like that would make you stand out in a crowd, but we know that Waldo has the ability to blend in if needed. Another plus is that the total for the entire costume is under $40. Who knows, in this outfit, you may even be able to find your Waldo.

Topwww.poshmark.com $6.00, Beanie: www.spencers.com $14.00, Glasses: www.spirithalloween.com $6.99, Leggingswww.kohls.com $9.99

5. Referee

You can literally whistle you work it. Referees are athletes too so this outfit works great if you need to run (or dance) around all night! If you choose this costume, you will be making the right “call.”

Shirtwww.walmart.com $13.65, Skirtwww.athleta.com $14.97, Whistle: www.academy.com $2.99

My name is Sasha Mireskandari, and I am a current sophomore at the University of Michigan.