5 Reasons Why the University of Michigan is the Best University for People Who Love Food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Ann Arbor is home to so many amazing restaurants- it would take a book to write them all. If you haven’t tried Café Zola, Chop House (RIP to college bank accounts), or Pacific Rim, you need to get out of your dorm, apartment, or your house and go downtown right now. For an even more adventurous night out for you foodies, walk down Main Street and pick a random restaurant with your friends. Here are some of our favorites:

1. Zingerman’s

It doesn’t get much better than this. Zingerman’s is known around the world for its sandwiches, and every trip there never disappoints. (Pro tip: try the Wayne’s Inheritance and never look back).

2. Sava’s Sunday Brunch

What’s better than brunch with your girlfriends? Brunch with your girlfriends at Sava’s. If you haven’t tried the avocado toast you’re missing out, but, if you’re looking to indulge, their French toast is to die for.  

3. Blank Slate Creamery

Blank-Slate has a line out the door every night, and for a good reason. Their all-natural homemade ice cream is absolutely amazing…not to mention that you can try as many flavors as you want.

4. Pizza House

Can’t forget it. Where else can you order a late-night special and get milkshakes and feta bread delivered right to you? Of course, it’s not the healthiest, but it sure tastes amazing after a night out or a long night of studying.

5. Jolly Pumpkin

Two words: truffle fries. If you haven’t had them, go to Jolly Pumpkin right now and order some. You won’t be disappointed.

Images courtesy of: Zingermans.com and Yelp

Casey is a freshman at the University of Michigan. If she's not studying or working for her clubs, you can usually find her trying new restaurants with her friends, running through the Arb, or lying in bed watching One Tree Hill for the 4th time.