5 Reasons HC UMich Loves Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Fall is a time for new beginnings, new clothes and more importantly yummy cider mills. This is the season where we put the past behind us and start fresh with a new school year. The fall is a time you reconnect with old friends as well as make new friends. This fall, make sure you get out and enjoy the crisp weather before the Michigan winter comes our way. Spend the day relaxing, laughing, strolling and baking. There are so many things to fall for this autumn, are you ready?

• New fall trends: Fall is the time of year when everyone upgrades their closet. We update our worn out sweaters to cozy cardigans and our destroyed denim to a fresh pair of new Levi’s. Fall is the perfect time to wear that new trench coat you bought on sale this summer or those pair of brown tights. Also don’t forget about your leather booties, you’ve been waiting to pull those out since last fall. The great thing about the autumn season is that you can re-wear your favorite summer dresses, as long as you pair them with tights, a bright scarf and a jean jacket. Your summer dress will effortlessly turn into your favorite fall outfit.

• Halloween: There is only one time a year where you can pretend to be someone else, this day is called Halloween. A holiday like this is a once a year opportunity to give yourself a new identity. No matter if you’re six or twenty five, dressing up for the day is a blast. Be creative when it comes time for your Halloween costume. Don’t just buy a readymade costume online, put some thought into what you’re going to wear and then recreate it!

• Cider Mills: Fall isn’t truly over until you attend the cider mill. The cider mill is the best way to bring in the changing leaf weather. Enjoy a day at the cider mill with friends and family. Make sure you don’t forget to grab some warm cider and a donut. No trip to the cider mill is complete without a box of donuts.

• The leaves: The fall could easily be the prettiest season year round. No other season is full of so many colors and vibrant tones. Make sure you spend as much time outside as possible. Enjoy the brisk weather, changing leaves and sunshine with a cup of tea at the park.

• TV Season: Fall also happens to be the time all your favorite shows come back. Every October, most shows that took a break over the summer return to your screen. Shows like Gossip Girl come back for another season or a new show like New Girl starts their series. What better way to curl up on the couch than with your favorite television show?

Nikki is a senior at the University of Michigan double majoring in English and Communication Studies.  In addition to Her Campus, Nikki is also involved in Ed2010, The Forum-Michigan's Greek Life Newspaper, Alpha Delta Pi, and Gamma Sigma Alpha.  In her spare time, she enjoys being outside, playing guitar, going on bike rides, and traveling.  Her guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip sites, Glee, and chocolate chip cookies.