This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

1. Lipstick: A light shade of pink

This spring is all about looking natural, and what better way to do that than swiping on some pretty pink lipstick? It’s easy to come by and flattering on almost every skin tone. I recommend Shu Uemura’s rogue unlimited supreme shine lipstick in Pink Coral. 

2. Body Bronzer

It’s easy to walk outside and think that the transition to spring will be easy, unless you’re like me and have pasty, dry skin during the long winter months. It’s a given that this time of year (actually, most of the year) bronzer is a must. But did you ever think about body bronzer? If you think you are interested, I love Body Glow from Nars. It’s moisturizing, shimmery, and gives skin a gorgeous tropical glow that’ll have you ready for summer in no time.

3. Purple Eye shadow

Doesn’t it sounds like something you’d find hidden away in your mom’s makeup bag from the 70’s? Well, not anymore! According to Harper’s Bazaar, purple eye shadow is the color for spring. If you’re feeling adventurous, go with a bright purple like one from Urban Decay. If you’re feeling a little iffy about it, try Bobbi Brown’s Metallic Eye Shadow in Velvet Plum. It’s subtle, but gorgeous.

4. Sexy Smoky Eye

The smoky eye is something that I truly think will never go out of style. It’s easy to do (just watch a couple YouTube tutorials if you’re confused) and super fun to dress up or down. Since both the classic smoky eye and colorful smoky eye are “in” this spring, you’ll have plenty of time to perfect your smoky eye, whether it’s with sultry greys or striking greens. Either way, I recommend using Urban Decay – for the regular smoky I love my Naked Palette, but if you’re feeling a little wild, I’d recommend their Electric Pressed Pigment Palette. 

5. Coral Nail Polish

It’s fun, seasonal, and so pretty! There are so many corals out there, but I’m currently obsessed with Burberry’s in Bright Coral. But if coral isn’t really your thing, check out OPI’s new Hawaii collection. They have tons of affordable, bright spring colors including one called Pineapples have Peelings Too!

Images courtesy of Gallery Hip, Giphy, Sephora, ebay, Makeup & Beauty Blog, and not the it girls.

Jaclyn Nagel is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the University of Michigan. She is a senior studying English and Creative Writing and earning a certificate in Sales. She enjoys eating copious amounts of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and reading the Harry Potter books over and over again. Follow her on instagram as @manisandmojitos! And make sure to follow our chapter's Twitter and Instagram at @hercampusumich!