5 Kick-Start Ways to Begin the Winter Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Winter break has come and gone, which means it’s time to gear up for yet another semester full of late night study sessions at the UGLi, excessive amounts of coffee, and of course, another few months of snow flurries. Though another grueling schedule with homework as far as the eye can see is in our near future, there is no better way to kick start the semester than by having a little fun in Ann Arbor before group projects and internship searches monopolize all our time. Here are some idea’s to make your semester a bit more exciting!

1. Create a weekly gym schedule: Not only will this help you feel great as we move further into the semester, but it will make you look great, too! The IM building is finally open, so make sure to check it out!

2. Try a new restaurant: Main Street is full of options, with incredible food on every side street. Restaurant Week is coming later this month (January 15-20th!!), which gives you the perfect opportunity to head to that Bistro or Café you’ve been dying to try!

3. Plan a girls night (in or out!): Whether the squad hits the bars on South U or crack open a few bottles of wine to celebrate the start of a new season of The Bachelor, remember to give yourself a break now and then, and to have some fun. You know what they say – work hard, play hard!

4. Check out Yost Public Skate: Hit the skates with a group of friends or ask that cute boy in your English class… Be sure to check the Yost website for the public skate schedule and upcoming events.

5. Catch up on your sleep: We all know you’re not going to get much of that this semester – might as well take advantage of it while you can!

Images courtesy of Joe Braun Photography and giphy