5 Items You Can Wear in College but Not in the Real World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

For all of us graduating seniors, one of the largest dilemmas has been emptying our closets. As we are about to pack our stuff up and move away (well, as some of us are about to), it’s important to take note of the fact that not everything will fit in a couple of boxes. What does that mean? It means that it’s time to discard that clothing you just won’t need. But for those of us who hoard our clothing for years and years, making the decision of what to donate or sell can actually be very stress-provoking. For those who need some guidance, a lot of the clothing we own in college is quite youthful and not necessarily suited for the professional world. Here’s a list of clothing items you may want to wear for the last time or simply start to give away and donate.

5. Crop tops

It’s time to be mature, ladies! Start bringing out the blouses.

4. Date party dresses

Skin-tight dresses are very college and not very “corporate America.” When it comes time for company parties, you might want to try something slightly more conservative–especially if you’re trying for that promotion.

3. Sorority clothing items

The “best got picked” four years ago. It’s time to donate so your great, great grand-little can wear it with pride.

2. Your 5,000 pairs of black leggings

It’s time to dress business casual and wear nice jeans or skirts for your nights out. A pair or two might be worth hanging on to, but you don’t need them for everyday wear.

1. All of that extra stuff you bought for gameday

But, make sure to keep a few items for your annual visit!

Image courtesy of: wrapsodyonline.com, tobi.com, electricyoga.com, youtube