Culture > News

Why You Should Nominate Yourself For the 22 Under 22 Campaign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you’ve never heard of Her Campus’s 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women campaign, you’re seriously missing out. 22 Under 22 highlights strong, successful and intelligent women all across the United States. Here’s why you should nominate yourself:

1. You’ll be connected to so many inspiring women.

One of the great aspects of the campaign is that it reaches such a large audience, and your story can be heard all over the world! For example, some of the honorees from last year include Angela Zhou, a volunteer with the International Princess Project, Apefa Adjivon, who founded the Pearl Project, an organization that empowers girls under low-income conditions, and Bea Doheny, who created Astronobeads, a jewelry line inspired by space!

2. It will help you recognize your own success.

It’s not easy to do the fantastic things you do, and therefore, it’s so important to have your successes recognized. It’s amazing to reflect back and see how much you’ve accomplished — no matter how young you are.

3. You can raise awareness for your cause.

It’s truly astonishing to see how much recognition you can achieve being involved in the campaign. There are so many different organizations that I have personally found through the honorees and have even participated and contributed to!

To start, go to the official entry form to enter yourself or nominate your friend! Have fun and good luck!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

Chloe Trepanier

U Mass Amherst

Chloe is a Her Campus National Social Media Intern and a senior Communication major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is the Social Media Director for Facebook for the UMass chapter and is the Chairperson of the UMass Theatre Guild. Her hobbies include watching 30 Rock and eating ice cream. You can follow her on Twitter and on Instagram. 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst